The new Spidey? Horrible!

The ONLY saving grace is that they did away with the sculpted webs on it.
I mean c'mon Raimi, how the heck were we supposed to swallow that he could sculpt, mold, cast, digitally print, and sew a costume in 2 days yet he couldn't afford a $2,000 car to impress MJ?

Spidey's first costume can NOT be in any way, shape, or form a deviation from the first comic one and that's the end of that story.

So.... the MAJOR problem with the Raimi suit is compounded even MORE in this new flick by the fact that even his slapped-together wrestling suit is a master feat of engineering?

You can't explain this nonsense away. You can't just do stuff to "make it look cool, man". It HAS to be reasonable.

The new Hulk was amazing, the Ang Hulk was horrible. I like Raimi and although Spiderman 3 was lacking I still think 1 and 2 were great. Emma Stone makes this one worth seeing though

Spidey is supposed to be a little thin but more like wirey, lean muscle-- this guy (even if it's just the stuntman) looks all of 120 lbs.

You guys are all out of your minds... That suit is awesome. This movie is gonna own, and put the others to shame. If you wanna bag on something, it should be Green Lantern. The CGI looks really bad in the trailer.

I'll be here to serve (or maybe eat) some humble pie later. ;)

I will say that it's cool that there is actually real life web swinging in this movie.

spider-man-movie-image-set-photo-costume-06.jpg

spider-man-movie-image-set-photo-costume-03.jpg

spider-man-movie-image-set-photo-costume-02.jpg

spider-man-movie-image-set-photo-costume-01.jpg

spider-man-movie-image-set-photo-costume-04.jpg

random-boss-28.jpg

It almost reminds me of the 1970's TV series Spiderman... especially the bulbous eyes...

I think they just wanted a reboot so they could continue the franchise without paying for Toby Maguire's salary... time will tell if its going to be good... hopefully it will be.

I don't know about everyone else, but I can't wait for the reboot of the Thor series in 2020! We all know that Thor 4 is going to be horrible! :D

Let's be perfectly honest, movie franchises with this type of funding have no excuse to get so ridiculous that they need a "reboot".

lol... I didn't realize the crotch on the suit was so dark. Did he wet his pants? I also didn't see the leg trim or silver shoe accents. Not sure how I feel about it now. I'll have to see it on film to decide.

I really think the CGI is gonna make this costume sing...Take it for what its worth guys its a movie go in open minded and dont expect to much and you wont be disapointed at this point I hated the first 3 Toby wasnt a very good spidey, I hope this guys better.

I really think the CGI is gonna make this costume sing...Take it for what its worth guys its a movie go in open minded and dont expect to much and you wont be disapointed at this point I hated the first 3 Toby wasnt a very good spidey, I hope this guys better.

So much of what you say here makes me laugh. You are one of the biggest critics I (sort of) know.

What's the difference between me picking apart this junk suit or you someones Fett suit detail? Could it be because if someone gets the details wrong, it doesn't look like how Fett's suit is supposed to look? Same thing I'm doing on here--this is NOT Spidey's suit.
SO much is wrong here: Finger-gloves, swirly stripe down the arm, track shoes, clear lenses, no belt stripe, and stripes down the legs.

And you want the harsh truth? The 70's show suit is actually how the comic suit would look if it was real but I know it wouldn't fly in a movie today.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back