How to weatther the Boba vest.

mobius

Well-Known Hunter
Could anyone give me some addvise how to weather the Boba vest to get a authentic look. I got mine from TK-409. Any addivise would help.

Use various paints such as black, grey primer, brown, tan, etc. and mist it on to dirty it up. You can also rub chalk dust on it as well to dirty it up too.

Lynn

My sister's house has red dirt that stains like mad so all i will have to do is go out side and role around on the ground on a dry day:lol: I may try the chalk method as well.:D

Not sure if you can use the same technique we use for sabers, but I toss it in the drive-way and back my truck over it a few times. ;)

Seriously, I'm sure there's a tutorial somewhere. Maybe at ASAP?

Roman

Here's what I did to knock some of the 'sheen' off my vest. I misted it with taupe spray paint, then gray primer, then a very light misting of flat black. I finished it off with some Dull Cote and that did the trick. Be real careful with the black though. If you are too close, or don't shake the can well enough, it may 'spit' on your vest.

yeah I did the mist technique with lt. grey & primer, and had a bunch of broken up sand dust kinda stuff in the back of my truck(sandbags for the winter, damn rear wheel drive!:lol:) and dusted the vest up with that before the paint had dried. It worked pretty good I feel. I think chalk would work the same way. Good luck!

BobaFettish wrote:

Be real careful with the black though. If you are too close, or don't shake the can well enough, it may 'spit' on your vest.

Low pressure from an 1/2 to almost empty can will also cause any paint to spit as well.

Lynn

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back