Chin Strap/Cup Info

There are more than a few wrong variations out there and one right one due to the straps and rings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too be honest, I never really knew that the ESB helmet had a chin cup, I thought it was just a strap similar to what the army kevlar's have.

-tubachris

Last edited by a moderator:
I was kinda thinkin...that as long as you had the cup, I think it would be rather easy to re work the strap so that it matches the one seen on the fett bucket. The original looks to have the single D ring on the cup strap, which Would mean that the plain strap iis most likely attached to the other side of the Fett bucket. Shouldn't be that hard to rearrange the components by ripping the stiches out & then resewing. Only thing that bothers me, is that there seems to be only one D ring on the cup....so how the heck would you fasten the strap????/
D

Now, I know that all of this is based on the ESB Helmet, but did the Original ROTJ Helmet have a Chin-Cup as well, or are there no good pictures that would show that? I'm in progress on a ROTJ Original (Not SE), and Im wondering if the ESB had it, did the ROTJ...

Tyler Durden's post (#12) above says that the ROTJ helmet had a strap/chin cup.

I have basically an empty Sgt. Fang helmet. What's the best internal attachment point would for a chin strap? Start with a hard hat liner, and attach to that?

I dunno how you attached the ears to your helmet, but I inserted studs into mine(the ears), then they are held onto the bucket via nuts on the inside of the helmet. I'm planning on using that as an attachment point once I finally get one of these straps.

Lee's post for some reason reminded me a little of the English jockeys and the old-school, traditional-style riding helmets. So imagine how various equestrian things may have made it to various Star Wars props, be they the riding boots, the riding helmet, and now possbibly even the chin strap!

Let's see if the horsewhip might have been prop-ized too! 8)

Not strap on the ROTJ

I have to make a correction to my earlier post. I incorrectly thought the Jedi helmet used a different chin strap. But I over-looked a photo which clearly shows the same chin strap/cup. In fact, it looks like they used the attachment pulled straight out the helmet, even with the leather strip at the end.

The ESB attachment has been modified a bit, as they moved the d-rings to the very end of the strip that comes out of the slit.

jedi.strap.jpg

It came from a British SWAT-type helmet.

It looks like this pic shows a chin cup and strap on the ROTJ.

Not sure if this helps those in pursuit but the chincups were removed because if on too tight it caused the helmets to crack around the eye slots so they were removed.

Lee

Not sure if this helps those in pursuit but the chincups were removed because if on too tight it caused the helmets to crack around the eye slots so they were removed.

Lee

Is that why the brow droops and the crack along the left ear are there on the ESB Hero? Thanks Lee for the info.

so, i got me one of those british riot helmets, from the picture it looked like as if it is a matching cup as pictured above. my question is, are there any good pictures of the inside of the movie used esb helmet?

I always thought the chin strap wouldn't be very practical, it would just get in the way. However, yesterday I was trooping and found that my helmet kept drooping the the right cause of the weight of the RF. I think the chinstrap would help with this problem, I'll have to get one.

well, looks like i scored the correct chin cup. the riot helmet arrived today. the cup is the same, says "made in england" on it. the strap has a newer style lock to it instead of the d rings, but that could be changed. the important piece , the cup is correct!
Dscn5052.jpg

well, looks like i scored the correct chin cup. the riot helmet arrived today. the cup is the same, says "made in england" on it. the strap has a newer style lock to it instead of the d rings, but that could be changed. the important piece , the cup is correct!

Nice! (y)

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back