Lynn\'s MSH2 progress pics (update 2/8)

I'm sorry if this has been covered already.
What brand of paints and name of colors were used Lynn? And did ya get'em at Home depot? I have the Mystery helmet and was thinking of making it a Empire instead of the Return version.
Thanks!
Michael

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the visor mounting idea it worked great on my soon to be unveiled ROTJ helmet. :)

Well Paid Killer wrote:

DAMN Lynn, lookin sweet my man!!!
Thanks bud!!! :D
My eyes were going crossed eyed last night doing this thing.... It is bitch trying to get things to line up so it looks correct with each other.

That is why I draw my weathering out on it with a pencil before I paint it so I know it is where I want it. :p
I'll start back on it tomorrow night after I give it a rest.

Lynn

Lookin Mighty fine Lynn!!!! Could you give us a little bit of insight into how you are tackling that bad boy??? Are you just using a brush w/ paint right out of the bottle, thinning it quite a bit etc..?? The grey especially looks really super!! Again, great work,:)
Damian

Baddblood wrote:

Simply awesome. You're doing it all topical?

Thanks guys!!
Yes, it is all topical with paints pretty much straight out of the bottle. The dark maroon around the grey scratchs is a custom mix and the dark grey on the cheecks is they same as the grey on the visor area but I added more black to darken it up.
Lynn

:cheers Lookin' sweet, Lynn! Your paint job is going a lot faster than mine. ;) How did you darken up the cheeks? They look fantastic!

Ryan

BOBA PHAT wrote:

:cheers Lookin' sweet, Lynn! Your paint job is going a lot faster than mine. ;) How did you darken up the cheeks? They look fantastic!
Ryan

Thaks guys!! I used a combo of black wash over all the cheek, and rubbed and smeared black chalk dust on the bottoms of the cheeks.

Lynn

The paintjob looks fantastic Lynn. The detail and scratches are subtle and very nice. Can you give us more details on the visor mounting system? Did you use hot glue, or epoxy, or something else? And what is the gray stuff on the bottom mounts?
Thanks!
- Chris

Lynn TXP 0369 wrote:

Here is the visor mounting system I choose, I used knurled knobs, post screws, and modifed picturing hanging mounts to hold it in place. The visor can be removed and installed in seconds.
insidevisor2.JPG

Enjoy,
Lynn

Trooper TK409 wrote:

The paintjob looks fantastic Lynn. The detail and scratches are subtle and very nice. Can you give us more details on the visor mounting system? Did you use hot glue, or epoxy, or something else? And what is the gray stuff on the bottom mounts?
Thanks!
- Chris

Thanks!!

The grey stuff I used is Plumbers 2 part stick putty, you can get it any hardware store.

It is a putty comes in a stick that you break off as much as you want and kneed the putty together to mix the 2 compounds and place it where you want it.

I used that to mount all the post screws to the helmet so the knurled knobs can be attached.

I first epoxed the post screws to the bucket using 2 part liquid epoxy, then I placed the putty over them as well for the extra strenght.

Works like a charm.
Lynn

That helmet is looking awesome,Good job and that visor mount is sweet.

Thanks guys! I will start it back up here in a little bit, I got more done on it since these pics, but I got burnt on painting Fett. I'm working on a Studio Scale AT-AT for the time being.

Lynn

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back