Right Color for Jango Fett's flightsuit

Jorssk

New Hunter
Hello,
I want create Jango Fett costume. But I have first issue, I need correct color for his suit (acceptable for 501st). I know it's two variants classic blue (from Kamino) and violet/blue (from Geonosis). I want geonosis variant (I like his color and jetpack). Can anyone send me correct shade/sample or something? I really don't want buy wrong fabric. Maybe some info about correct fabric material will be awesome too.
Thanks

Jaroslav Salek
ID-8604
Czech Outpost

Your best bet is to get a good jumpsuit and dye it. It is gonna be hard to find the right color fabric. It should be a blueish-purple. I used a rit dye combination of denim blue and purple.

I got a gray junpsuit made. Started with a purple, for a short time. Then denim blue. Wash dry and check it. It took me 3 cycles and redying to get the color I wanted. I actually ended up adding some royal blue too.

no question about it.........the flight suit is blurple.

I have not dyed my FS yet. I have a Bobamaker at the house but I actually have a LSFU on the way. Both of them tend to be the bluer look. I plan on slowly adding purple until I get to where I want to be. I started off liking the blue look but over the past year the more violet purple look has taken me in.

I'm a fan of the 'postman blue' color myself. I hope my lsfu suit is close enough to not have to dye it. Hard to tell from her pics, the fabric actually looked kind of green, but think it was just the photo/camera.

Yeah, this is one of those "there is really no wrong color in the shades of blue-purple" lol... it is a dye to your taste sort of thing.

I followed Jango 5204's advice and got a color I like a lot.

Yep - did the same thing that 5204 did. I just mess around till i was happy with the look. I really like the Arena battle look of the jumpsuit. Dusty and dirty.

Thanks for advices. If I understand it right, its not any correct color, it depends on individual how he colored it. I try some experimentations and see what I get.

yep, like I prefer the more blueish-purple (Kamino), but some people prefer the more purpleish-blue (Geonosis).... of course the more I look at Seeker's the more I like his... now I only need a MOW Arena to get that one done ;)

I am going to make my own flight suit, I google the postal blue, is the royal blue, to make this color in my printer I use Corel draw, I made an square and fill it with the royal blue color, to do this, double click on the color sample, then appear a new window with the Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black buttons sliders, The CMYK royal blue is: C:71%, M:53%, Y:0%,K:12% then I printed in my Inkjet 4 colours printer in 180 grs. photopaper, by experience, if you want a more accurate color use photo paper and set the printer setup in photo quality and choose the photo paper kind too, The printer give me a wonderful blue very comparable with the jangos pics references, I will go tomorrow to find a 80% cotton or more fabric, I hope I`ll can find the match color. Hope me luck.

is his flightsuit 2 actuall different suits or would it be due to the fact that on kimino it was raining and this caused the suit to look blue,.reason i ask is im building a jango cossie for the emerald garrison here in ireland and it MUST be 100% screen accurate and i dont want to put the kamino-type jet pack,which i have, with a purple suit if it indeed should be blue as that wont be cleared for trooping as it would be the wrong type of jetpack

I've also been trying to figure out what shade of purple/blue to go with. I have a LSFU on the way. I've been going over the swatches and mix ratios HERE and trying to compare them to screen shots. I think we should start a sticky where everyone keeps track of how they dye thier suit and the results of each, it might be helpful.

I know this is for Flight suits but
Dont forget that the dented Jango helmet has difrent colour darker blue than the pre-dent Jango and
and if you want to go all the way, stick to RAL colours not the comonnly used inacurate colours

I haven't tried any of those ones I've posted, but that's what I'm pretty sure I'm gonna use. First two are the ones close to RAL colour I got a few years ago, the last one is what I think will give me better results.

Untitled-1.jpg

I know this is for Flight suits but
Dont forget that the dented Jango helmet has difrent colour darker blue than the pre-dent Jango and
and if you want to go all the way, stick to RAL colours not the comonnly used inacurate colours

oh goodness don't start up a dent thread.............."was there ever a dentless Jango?" discuss lol

Not to side track this thread too much but the dent thread is some good reading. I was shown things in the movie that I never realized, and I thought I watched closely. But back on subject the same can be said for the Flightsuit. It looks so drastically different at times it is amazing. There just has to have been more than one material used, or the lighting and such was way different.

I always wondered if they didn't use a different flightsuit in the Arena because of the CG and maybe the blue caused an issue, where the purple didn't.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back