ESB decalls

I've been convinced for some time that several of the markings were made from rub-on transfer letters.
They're extremely thin and easy to apply. I've used them on my last few helmets and they look great.

Here's a close up of the screen used ESB helmet showing the marking on the front of the right ear.
You can see how the V marking slightly overlaps the sideways D.

Transferletters.jpg

As far as the exact font or product number, I can't say for sure. I just bought some that looked close when I did mine.

Well, I've got something that could help. This ain't an exact match, but is close enough.

transferlettersresult.jpg

UPDATE!
----------
After I made a search on the net I found two font types that are the closest match. These are not for free...

SGR.JPG cnnc.jpg

Respect!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wondering if anyone has the ability to print custom dry transfers. Or knows of a place to get them done.
I think a small sheet of helmet markings would be really useful.

I messed around with this image and came up with a black and white .bmp image of the marking. Could something like this be used to create a custom transfer?

RtEarmarkingcomparison.jpg

I think a sheet could include
1) "DV:" marking seen above
2) The 9 small vertical stripes on the upper rt ear
3) The "T" seen inside the large black arch
4) The "double-E" marking on the left ear

Anyone have info on how much it costs to do custom transfers?

I've played a bit with the fonts and this came out... Maybe it helps somehow.

fontplay.jpg sgrear.jpg

Respect!

Just curious, are you guys wanting transfers for 'screen accuracy', or is it just because you need a way to get them on your helmet?

Lucksys31 makes nice stencils for these. I use AppleBarrel black and gently brush it on. It doesn't leave any brush strokes or raised edges after its clear coated. The stencils seem to be a hair on the large side, but I did see that he scaled some chest decals for another members 'mini fett' project. So maybe he can do that with these? I need to check into that, actually... ;)

2011-02-07101614.gif

Thanks, Aero!
D2K2, I think it would just eliminate one step in an already-complex paintjob.
With stencils, you have to place them and make sure the edges are really pressed down, seeing how these details are so small. Then paint. Then remove stencils (hoping they don't remove any underlying paint.)
With dry transfers, you just line them up and rub them on. They have a matte finish and are extremely thin.

Regarding decals.. I used the stencil sheet attached for most of my decals on my helmet ie the upside down U the black dot and T for the right ear and the chip for the left ear (bottom right on picture) cant remember were i got it from off this website but
i did. I work in a printers so i just ran it off on white matt one sided sticky paper.. then cut out the shapes. If some one could come up with a similar image for the DV: that would be great and i could stick them on too View attachment Stencils.pdf

Regarding decals.. I used the stencil sheet attached for most of my decals on my helmet ie the upside down U the black dot and T for the right ear and the chip for the left ear (bottom right on picture) cant remember were i got it from off this website but
i did. I work in a printers so i just ran it off on white matt one sided sticky paper.. then cut out the shapes. If some one could come up with a similar image for the DV: that would be great and i could stick them on too View attachment 50722

At post No. 6 there is one DV: made by superjedi. It's good enough for a starting point.

Respect!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back