New Jango on the way!

Narane

New Hunter
Hey everyone, New poster, long time watcher of TDH.

I'm currently working on a new Jango Fett costume. Anyone have any advice of where to start? I've currently got my bucket. I'd like to do what i can to get this show on the road, so to speak.

Any suggestions?

Thanks guys!

-Narane

I decided to get all the soft goods parts first like the suit, flak jacket, ammo and girth belts. then went to the jetpack, and saved the armor for last.

MOW jetpack. Get MOW! And do you have an Asok helmet? Cruzer has awesome armor. I just got my cod piece in. Carazy!

jango1.jpgjango2.jpg

My Jango helmet, i'm not certain what make it was, it's a Boba modified helmet, but not certain of the make! I'm working to make the rangefinder be a little tighter, as it seems to fall when i lean forward.

I'll be going for the soft parts first for sure!

-Narane

Now depending on how accurate you want (I am taking it that you want accurate since you are on TDH) that helmet is way off.

The range finder is wrong, the right ear is wrong and Jango does not have a chin greeblie. Show a pic of the inside of the bucket and I might can tell you what kind it is. It looks like a Sgt Fang to me as it sits.

All of the other comments on the thread are spot on. MOW, Cruzer, Asok, Seeker, Ladysewforus, Bobamaker are all names to get familiar with.

Good luck on the build

Thank you Mullreel, the greeblie will be gone shortly, as for the right ear, i'm not entirely certain what i could change to make that accurate, although i do appreciate you pointing out the flaw to me. I'll work on it from here, thanks very much guys! I'll keep you posted on any updates.

You can move the ear cap down and it is not as pronounced. Jango's right ear sits on top of the bottom section where as Boba's has a gap. If you are adjusting the RF anyways you can always move it down and see what it looks like. How is it attached? glue or screws?

I looked at a Sgt. Fang that I own and I would say dollars to donuts it is a fang. I would highly suggest getting a Jango specific helmet. The paint job is great...but in the long run you will be much happier.

I agree...save that helmet for a repaint someday and get a Jango specific. That is what I did. I have a Sgt Fang that I bought painted in the Jango colors, and now it is a generic mandalorian protector.....kinda Jodo Kast looking.

The real issue is you will have to HEAVILY modify that helmet as opposed to having TWO good helmets. Of course I am a helmet junkie and need a helmet fix every few months, so my advice is tainted.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back