Arena Jetpack

Yeah federal blue has been discontinued for a while. I looked forever trying to find some back when I was painting my arena JP up, but I never found any. I had to go with a different color. I used Rustoleum Painter's Touch Slate Blue and thought it turned out good.

Thats what I bought today, I was just worried because the cap looks so light... But after looking at everyones pics I'm gonna go ahead and use it.

I am totally jumping on the bandwagon and will be repainting my jet pack a darker blue. I like the color I have now...but it just is not right after really looking at all the pics.

Here is an intermediate pic of my progress on the repaint. I took an outside pic since the weather was nice today.

dsc00038h.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is with the midnight blue, still has the slate blue for the trim, and of course the R+B. I am much happier already feel free to critique.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can still see some of the royal blue around the frankenstien knobs, for comparison. And the R+B really reflected the blue at the top I noticed .

Here is one with the parts sitting in place. Since this pic I have attached everything and I have done some cleanup on the paint. But I am waiting on paint to dry before I can those pics.

dsc00032dn.jpg

looking good! that'll be a nice addition strapped on to your back. i'm glad that my thread helped you make such a nice looking jetpack.

Thanks for the compliments. Saint_nasty it means a lot to me coming from you. No doubt that your thread helped. I am very happy with the colors now. I think it is much closer to the pic I had in post number 1 than it was going to be with my color selections.

Here is a natural light pic, complete with over cast day and everything for the best look.

And if you are ever wondering why it takes me so long to do things, those little helpful hands behing the JP might have something to do with it.

dsc00060g.jpg

So what is the customary way to attach the door to the JP. I was considering magnets, or maybe just velcro. I want to be able to get the thing off with out much trouble but to stay in place when it is supposed to.

Mullreel,

I used 4 small earth magnets. What type of harness are you going to use? How do you plan on attaching it to the Pack?

So what is the customary way to attach the door to the JP. I was considering magnets, or maybe just velcro. I want to be able to get the thing off with out much trouble but to stay in place when it is supposed to.

My plan right now is to get a Fettdad harness in the near future. I was going to go as canon as possible in the attachment with the black nylon straps and buckles. I think the Fettdad harness comes with just about all that you need. (I think) The other thought is the Seeker harness, I think he is still making them. The Seeker harness looks to have really good weight distribution. Decisions decisions......

I have some earth magnets and I have been leaning toward that route.

coming in with the late reply! you've probably noticed by now that the door is completely hidden by your backplate, and it's not necessary if you'd rather go without. but one thing i would strongly suggest is to put a piece of 1/4" craft foam on either side of the door just under the hatch so your pack isn't rubbing against your backplate. i doesn't need to be a big piece, a 1"x2" rectangle on either side should be enough to protect your shine!

let me know if i'm not clear enough in my description and i'll post a picture showing what i mean.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back