Making my Jango DIY, I`ll try make my own as possible

crow62

Active Hunter
Hi, Giovanni here, I found the wofo`s Jango templates, I decided do it in aluminium, so the first step was print and cut the templates, my choice was medium size I am 5'10":
armortemplatesprinted-2.jpg

now on the alum.:
templatesinalum.jpg

drawing the templates (my little chewie looking at me, LOL):
drawingtemplates.jpg

time to cut the alum., the curves was the hard part:
cutting.jpg

here the result:
cutteda.jpg

I will have to polish and give form, but ok by now.

Tonight start the Jango ammo belt, I found the templates in mando mercs, I printed and glued and cutted for more easy work, this pic was taked at the end:
belt-1.jpg

tomorrow morning I will take to sew the leather pieces, I will upload more pics tomorrow, thanks for look my WIP.:)
Giovanni

If you can make your Jango the way you design your shoes then you will have an excellent looking costume! I'm looking forward to updates... Good luck!!

Looking nice so far! Keep it up!

And, you actually look a little like Temuera Morrison, so you could take off your helmet and pass unlike most of us, lol.

he, he ,he, you made me smile, I have readed the Seekers threads, but now I opened his profile and yes, he can march without helmet, let`s say that I am another Morrison clone but in southamerica, LOL, some day my armor will be finished and I will troop with my helmet under the arm.
Clonecollector, thanks by your comment, the Jango boots project is in standby I am looking for genuine KC boots to make the cast, initially I tought receive the boots here in Ecuador, and use silicone RTV to mold the sole only, but will take long time to do that, a better way is if someone of the armorers vod's can take the cast for me and then send me the molds, this part (armorers) is almost done, only left find a good shape pair KC boots to take the cast, if you or the others brothers have ideas about this boots search, your PM's will be welcome.
Giovanni

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi again, Crow here, I advanced two pieces in my Jango, emmo belt and flight suit; for the emmo I used a redwine color leather, but I will change the color the next week, I decided make 100% functional pouches for camera, cellphone, money, key chain, etc. so, I glued and sewed the internals pouch walls, here the final results:

sidesgluedandsewed.jpg

I am going to put glued velcro portions to keep closed the pouches:
TICKERLEATHER.jpg

Double sew:
backview.jpg

THE FINAL RESULT:
jangoemmobelt.jpg

continue...

Then I started the accurated color "hunting" for the flight suit fabric: the postal blue is knowed on the fabric factories as royal blue and to print this color I used an CMYK printer in photo paper, photo quality with the next propotions: Cyan:71%, Magenta: 53%. Yellow:0%, Black:12%. I found only one factory on my country make fabric with this color, I bought 3 meters almost 10 feet and take to my aunt, I toke with me 15 jango kamino pics reference, she toke me 14 differents body measures to assure the specific and unique fitting, and guess what? She made my suit ON 48 HOURS!! and PERFECT! she understood very well the Jango design and here are the results:

NECKDETAIL.jpg

I asked the frontal sews on the sleeves:

SLEEVES.jpg

The button holes style on the knees, reinforced as the reference:

buttonholejango.jpg

buttonholesview.jpg

The back elastic assures a flat lookin in the front:

elasticback.jpg

and finally, me and my two new Jango pieces (the first pic is with sunlight and the second pic with flash added, look the color change:

flightsuitwemmobelt.jpg

flightsuitwemmobeltflash.jpg

I am satisfied with the items, in the emmo I have to change brown instead redwine color, belt more thicker; about the suit its 100% perfect.

What now?
Vest: making the cut molds, will go in gray charcoal smooth leather
Girth belt: I am looking for local handymen to make the bolo leather but I bought on ebay some yards too
Armor: Now I can retake the allum. parts and keep going.

Thanks for looking

(My webpage crow62prophouse is under construction yet, so, forget the watermarks, may be at next monday will be operable).

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back