Cad Bane Cad Bane mask

TK4205

New Hunter
Greetings from the great NW.
My latest project is Cad Bane.

I never thought I would do a cartoon EU character. Then I saw the season #1 finale of Star wars the Clone Wars. Cad Bane so captured the flavor of Star Wars, I was compelled to grab some clay and try to bring this character to life.

The greatest challenge was to bring the face to life without losing too much of the Cad Bane we see on screen.
My first rudimentary sculpt was too close to the cartoon look. Once I was able to create a wearable mask, I started from that point to make the face a bit more realistic.
I did not want to recreate the Duro that we see in Mos Eisley Canteena in New Hope; Cad Bane has much more character than those two. I wanted to keep as much as I could of Cad's nuances, but in a tight fitting prosthetic mask.
Finally, I installed animatronics to bring it to life.
Sturdy and durable, 0.90 thick, pure latex rubber. The head is foam fitted
This is not a tight fitting mask. It's very comfortable, yet retains the movement, expression and character of the notorious bounty hunter. There is plenty of room in the face and cheeks; The face sits about an inch away from the wearers face, allowing room for fans. I can also wear glasses when wearing it.
Reinforced hidden zipper, it zips closed in the back, with a double layer of latex for durability.

The breathing canister is built from vac formed plastic parts of custom molds, breaks down into 4 undetectable parts. Can serve as a battery housing. painted to simulate cast aluminum and bronze

Video:
http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f386/wtatt794/?action=view&current=CadWear.mp4

DSC06573.jpg

DSC06569.jpg

DSC06578.jpg

DSC06568.jpg

DSC06567.jpg

DSC06461.jpg

The animatronics are fairly simple. Each side of the mouth has a cable housing that extends to the elbows. Cables attach at the hands.

DSC06514.jpg

DSC06513.jpg

Her's a link to my Cad Bane gallery. Enjoy. feel free to contact me. My email is mandog@centurytel.net

http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f386/wtatt794/Cad Bane/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic work fella.

I saw your thread on the 501st and was blown away by the mask you have put together.

So are you looking to complete the full costume?

That is a superb piece of work !...I'd love to do a Cad Bane myself ,......are you considering using any kind of voice altering stuff?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back