My MLC Armour & JP Gallery is up

ukscout

Active Hunter
Hi guys

heres a link for your use of my recently completed MLC JP and Armour that ive completed painting and adding to my Fett costume.

http://www.uk-scout.co.uk/test/MLC.htm

please note the links on the site dont work due to further updating and teaching myself dreamwearver Mx.

cheers

Neil
starwars20.ico

uk-scout TB7290
www.uk-scout.co.uk
ukbikerscout@hotmail.com
ukboba banner.jpg

Looks Great!

I agree lets see you wearing all that fun stuff!

I was wondering did the jet pack come with the bottom greeblies? As you may want to add them for that "complete" acurate look.

Loranar

Looking good Neil. Which colours did you use in the end? They look great.

Site looks good too!

Loranar Fett - Accurate?, bottom Greeblies? Not screen accurate to RotJ they're not.

Greeblies appear on the JP in the Visual Dictionary and (I think) on the JP's in the MoM and AoSW exhibitions (someone jump in and correct me if that's wrong), but there were no greeblies on the bottom of the JP in the film.

Si

hi si

Thanks for the coments on the JP paint job :)

Im painting a UKG members MLC JP soon and ill let you know the paints types i used.

I undercoated the MLC JP white, then used Gamesworkshop paints for the colours. Then gave it several ink washes of black and brown for the dirty effect.

I then used a Halford £20 airbrush kit to do further weathering using a GW black paint diluted a little with water.

I also painted the silver on using a sponge and also used a silver pen.

To add more detail i used a sharp model knife a scratched away at the paint to give it even more worn look.

Ill be taking it to Honiton to show John from the UKG who wants his done.

Ill be also offering a painting service for MLC JP owners soon.

Also the my Biker Scout part of the site is nearly finished then ill start on my Boba - its taken 2yrs so far to build/learn how to web design.

Q.whats are greeblies?

cheers

Neil
starwars20.ico

uk-scout TB7290
www.uk-scout.co.uk
ukbikerscout@hotmail.com
ukboba banner.jpg

Han Hunter wrote:

Loranar Fett - Accurate?, bottom Greeblies? Not screen accurate to RotJ they're not.

Greeblies appear on the JP in the Visual Dictionary and (I think) on the JP's in the MoM and AoSW exhibitions (someone jump in and correct me if that's wrong), but there were no greeblies on the bottom of the JP in the film.

Si

Oops my bad :eek: nothing like sticking your foot in your mouth! :D

I always thought they were on there - thanks for the correction. After all there is only one way to learn - ask questions.

Loranar

Han Hunter wrote:

Actually, I don't think the greeblies show up in the visual dictionary--Chronicles, definitely, but not the visual dictionary. I don't think they were in the movies either.

phantomfett wrote:

Actually, I don't think the greeblies show up in the visual dictionary--Chronicles, definitely, but not the visual dictionary. I don't think they were in the movies either.

We're both right ;) . I just checked the visual dictionary. bottom left of page 50. The whole set of greeblies (XLR mic jacks, etc) isn't there, but there is a white push button on the right hand side on the bottom as you look at it.

Certainly not in the movies from what I've been able to make out.

Si

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back