Jango Vest Template

Lifeburn

Hunter
Someone was kind enough to email me these. Enjoy!

flakvestblock.jpg

shoulder.jpg

Step 1: Draw a Rectangle
A-B and C-D equal the length measurement.
A-C and B-D equal one-half the total chest measurement, plus 1/2 inch.
Step 2: Construction Lines
Divide A-C & B,D in half by drawing a vertical line, E-F.
From points A and C, measure down one quarter of the length measurement, creating points G and H. Connect points G and H, forming horizontal line, G-H. This is the front and back Width Line.
From points G and H, measure down one quarter of the length measurement plus one inch, creating points I and J, forming a horizontal line. I-J is the chest line.
Front Section
Step 3: Front Neck and Shoulder
3 ½ inches to the left, and ½ inch up from C, mark K.
3 inches down from K, mark L.
2 ½ inches down from C, mark M.
Connect K to L and L to M with straight lines, forming a right angle.
Use French Curve to draw in the neck curve from K to M.
Note: I usually find it helpful to bring the curve to within ½ inch of M on line L-M, so that the neckline is squared off at the fold.
1 3/8 inches below the A-C line, draw a horizontal line.
To determine the front shoulder line, place the starting end of the ruler on K and angle it to hit the horizontal line you have just drawn at exactly the neck to shoulder measurement on the ruler. Mark N at this point and connect to point K with a straight line.
Step 4: Front Armhole
Mark O on the I-J line at the point where it crosses the E-F line. This is the base of the armhole.
To the left of H, measure half the front width measurement and mark P.
Use French Curve to connect N to P with a slight curve. Connect P to O with a larger curve.
Step 5: Side Seam
To the left of D, measure one quarter of the total waist measurement, plus ¼ inch, and mark Q.
Connect O and Q with a straight line, completing the side seam.
Back Section
Step 6: Back Neck and Shoulder
Draw a horizontal line ½ above A-E.
To the right of G, measure one half of the total back width and mark BB.
3 inches up from BB, mark CC, and connect them with a vertical line.
Position the starting end of the ruler on CC and angle it up to hit the horizontal line you drew above A-E at exactly the neck to shoulder measurement. Mark AA at this point and connect with a straight line. This is the back shoulder.
Connect A to AA with a slight curve. This is the back neck.
Step 7: Complete Back Armhole
Use French Curve to connect BB to O.
Step 8: Side Seam
To the right of B, measure one quarter of the total waist measurement, minus ¼ inch. Mark EE.
Connect EE to O with a straight line, completing the side seam.
Step 9: Add Seam Allowance
Add the desired seam allowance (commercial patterns use 5/8") to all sides of your pattern except for those that will go on a fold, such as the center front.
Also, to give a little more movement room, add an additional 3/8" to each of the side seams, front and back.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back