X-WING & TIE PILOT HELMET progress pics

Gino

Active Hunter
Almost finished.
Made in the correct color, gloss and thickness of ABS.
Still need to get decals made and tint the visor.

For the x-wing helmets, I plan to do a couple versions of x-wing helmet including both hero and background style.

For the Tie helmets, I plan to do a hero, background, and of course the AT-AT pilot (one of my all time favorites).

Here's some pics so far.

xwing_1.jpg

xwing_2.jpg

xwing_3.jpg

xwing_4.jpg

xwing_5.jpg

tie_1.jpg

tie_2.jpg

tie_3.jpg

tie_4.jpg

tie_5.jpg

I know a lot of you are already familiar with what differentiates a hero TIE helmet from a standard TIE helmet, but for those who aren't, here is a quick at-a-glance comp.
As far as I know there are 3 distinct hero helmets made for ANH. They started out as standard (background) helmets but were detailed and weathered for close up cockpit shots.
Every helmet I've seen in the film has the one metal greebly on each ear and that's it.
PS, there was footage shot for ANH of the standard TIE pilots running down the death star hallways and the hero TIE pilots in the cockpit that were used in ROTJ. All the TIE helmets were made for the ANH production, none were made for subsequent films.

tie_helmet_compilation.jpg

Here's an x-wing helmet compilation I put together to illustrate the different styles used in the films.
I'm sure that not all of them are accounted for in this comp, but it should have most of the important ones represented.

Hope it's helpful for those who aren't x-wingnuts. :lol:

xwing_helmets_compilation.jpg

AWESOME POST. Love the variety of X-wing helmets. That's an amazing X-wing bucket, did you cast that one yourself? I recently started collecting these as well, and it IS addicting. I will watch this progress closely!!!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back