HELP MAJOR REPAIRS!!!

oh i had bought a DP96 and when i got it it had the RF broken off..now i wanted to replace it so i pryed the earpeaice off but it broke a small hole in the side and its all f**ked up.IS THERE ANY HOPE FOR IT???

that or you can sell it to me....LOL!!

i buy broken or dammaged helmets , repair them , and release them into the wilds of my collection......LOL!!

What is the simplest method to replace the RF? My one (the original plastic thing on the DP 97) is still intact, but I look to the future and this part seems to be very fragile.
I never found any good aluminum rod in 2 years of looking!
Maybe should I recast it out of resin before it’s too late but I must admit though that working with such material is my weak point. So can someone PM me to give me some advices how to proceed? Thanks!

It's not fragile, but it is made of plastic. I took the earcap off and removed the RFs when I repainted both my Rubies Jango and my wife's Fett Girl DP 97. Actually, her RF stood up nicely when I removed it, drilled it and installed lights in the RF top.

Wes

T-Visor wrote:

What is the simplest method to replace the RF? My one (the original plastic thing on the DP 97) is still intact, but I look to the future and this part seems to be very fragile.

If you have a dremel, you should be able to find some 1/4" thick bar stock at HD or Lowes, and cut it to fit. Also, onlinemetals.com sells small pieces of metals. You could even get it cut to the correct length and then cut out the shape with your dremel tool.

Just my 2¢.

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back