0000 steel wool + 9v battery =

Werstrooper

Jr Hunter
An almost burnt down garage :(

so here I am polishing my armour pieces I let get a little dull over the last few months and suddenly I see a puff of flames!

sitting here holding some ice on my finger tips, lesson learned! Dont use 0000 steel wool on a messy work bench :(

Yep, there is more power in a battery than most people give them credit for. Glad the bad stuff didn't happen (burnt down garage). I have seen guys put battery packs into their pockets full of change and just about set their pants on fire.

So what were you working on?

Yikes. Takes longer to work on stuff with tidyness but it is definitely safer. Thanks for the head's up safety tip!

you are basically completing the circuit and have an open filament that gets hot real quick and trys to dissapate all of the energy in the battery.

If you try it get ready for some heat. You can lay a dime across the top and feel the heat build up in a more controlled enviroment.

If you leave a turps or thinners coverd rag crumplt up it can set it self alight to , almost burnt down a house i was working on with this lukily they hadent layed the carpet and it just burnt it self out

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back