3 sets of "kiddie" armor started...

Muad Dib

Active Hunter
Two rough-cut sintra sets up top; 6 year-old Sarah's on left and 11 Year-old Stephen's on the right.
The bottom, pink and purple set was Sarah's from 2 1/2 years ago.
It will now be baby Dominic's and repainted "Protector" green:
100_2079.jpg

Although you can't really tell with the flash, here's Sarah's sanded and beveled:
100_2082.jpg

Fett 4 Real has already jabbed me for the little heart on the little set but Sarah really, REALLY wanted it there.;)

I've been dragging my feet on doing these a while so my goal is to have them all done by March or April (or the kids get too big for them). I do work a lot so time is sparse.

Got the itty-bitty pink set with F4R's widdle heart sanded down and ready for the green tomorrow. The shoulders and knees are ready for yellow if I can just get up and get them painted before it snows.

I painted all the baby's armor today but the green is taking forever to set so I'm waiting to remove the masking to show you everything.

Here's the baby cod that I made today before any paint, though:

100_2120.jpg

Okay, here we go! The flash washed out the first pic but the mustard/toothpaste technique worked well enough for this set. I still need to trim the silver with the yellow and mist the green with some black but it's getting there! I also forgot the center diamond when I shot the pic:

100_2133.jpg

Also, I couldn't help goofing off a bit. Jess warned me that "If I wake him, I deal with him!":

100_2131.jpg

Yeah, he might have about 3-4 months use out of it tops. The cod came out a bit small so I have to re-make that part, though.

LOL, reason it's brilliant is I have three kids, all boys and my youngest is 9 months so I can so relate to this.

Just showed the wife and it even mustered a small smile which is VERY rare with anything Star Wars!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back