Helmet There is no Antrock helmet

If you ever decide to improve your helmet JD I have a couple of suggestions.

1. Narrow the Vertical part of the T-Visor in between the mandibles.
2. Reshape the cheeks. As it stands now they seem a little bit too high and aren't very well defined. That is something I think could be fixed fairly easily.

Last edited by a moderator:

Foxbatkllr wrote:

If you ever decide to improve your helmet JD I have a couple of suggestions.

1. Narrow the Vertical part of the T-Visor in between the mandibles.
2. Reshape the cheeks. As it stands now they seem a little bit too high and aren't very well defined. That is something I think could be fixed fairly easily.

I think you may be right about those subtle corrections, however, I have so many other projects to attend to, that I think I'll just have to live with it as is. As it stands, there's some very accurate Boba helmets out there, but this is probably the most accurate helmet available (size, shape, and details) for Jango. :facepalm

Yeah its a great helmet, I just wanted to give my input on what could be improved if you ever did version 2.0. If I knew how to correct the T-Visor, I would do it myself.

Yeah, it definitely is. And even though I really reworked the earpiece as best I could on my '95, it still isn't perfect

Foxbatkllr wrote:

If I knew how to correct the T-Visor, I would do it myself.

That's easy! make the plexi visor narrower, and draw the mandibles in some. They'll easily flex to accomidate this mod. :)

I tried it like that, didn't seem to work too well. I don't want to force the mandibles inward like that, plus when you do that it doesn't line up with the top part of the t-visor area. Also I replaced the Plexi visor. It's way too see-thru. I got a shade 3 welding visor instead.

Foxbatkllr wrote:

I tried it like that, didn't seem to work too well.

Oh yeah, I forgot, you got it from Antrock. I think he uses bondo as a surface layer instead of gel-coat.

Was it pink when you got it? :lol:

Wait a second.... Is this a Jango helmet thread?

I'm feeling this should be in the Jango section, unless there Boba Fett versions of this helmet.

I own one of these from judz himself and I have to say it is a great helm. After painting it up I am more than pleased with the results. Not much prep work at all, and the visor included in the kit I got from judz was more than dark enough. Thanks for the great helmet!

Was it antrock who put in the Radio Shack laser beam and motion to the rangefinder? I think he mentioned you as the sculpter of the helmet in that thread, but I am not sure.

There really is no Antrock helmet!

I ordered one from Antrock FOUR weeks ago to compare his workmanship to Judz Dwedd's, and I haven't been able to get ahold of him for almost two weeks now! Judz Dwedd, on the other hand, delivered his helmet in a week, fast and friendly, and it's VERY nice! Thanks again for the great work JD. :D I can't wait to get started on it!

I'll let you all know if Antrock ever comes through, but he's hangin' on to my money in the mean time. (n) Beware!

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back