ESB upgrade 12 July: Mannequin rebuild complete and reassembled.

kurtyboy

Active Hunter
Keep checking latest post for new upgrades as they happen
------8<-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've recently done some upgrades to my old ESB suit, with a few more on the way. It is currently missing a range finder and stalk but those will be added soon.

Recently upgraded were the jumpsuit, neckseal, jetpack beacon, short right knee dart and the blaster (which can be seen in THIS thread). I also have a set of jetpack underside greeblies still to install and paint the Pulce sidearm). I also plan on upgrading the flak vest at some point.

The Bradley Fett jetpack is attached to one of those incredible Dragon-Fett harness rigs. I love that thing.

nufett1.jpg
nufett2.jpg

nufett3.jpg
nufett5.jpg

Found parts include the cheek detail:
nufett7.jpg

MQ1 board:
nufett6.jpg

Buckle:
nufett8.jpg

Right shin tools and short dart (short dart not visible):
nufett9.jpg

Anti security blade is 75% found parts:
nufett10.jpg

MQ1 keypad:
nufett11.jpg

The holster is also real although not really visible in these photos.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a really good looking suit, the flight suit fits you really well and ur the right body shape to be Bobba fett (there's nothing worse than seeing someone dressed as Bob who would be better off as a Gamorian Guard). well done. Is that a genuine key pad?

Hey, I've got a great shape too, just a bit too muscular to get into THAT suit! LOL!

unfortunately the references on the color are not clear. This is the only ESB shot I know of showing the buckle.

sbroundedbuckle.jpg

if you can figure out the color there, God bless you, sir. I think it looks like a blue gray in that shot, comparing it to the color of the ab plate.

On pp2 it looks more gray-green, like the ROTJ exihibits. Either way, they definitely painted it something, IMO.

Kenner+Photo+Shoot+05.jpg

Your vest looks thin and stretchy around the ribcage... more so than most of the ones I've seen on here. This isn't a criticism, in fact it looks like mine. I made mine from a t-shirt because of the cost, difficulty and the fact that the jumpsuit is hot enough without adding a padded flak vest (I did sew in pockets to hold a coathanger frame that supports the armor to keep if from sagging). I personally don't think I'll run into anyone who knows the difference while wearing it, and I'm more likely to put it on if it's comfortable... maybe I should find a comfort/screen accuracy thread to discuss this in.

I dont think its painted but worn...BBFs replica buckle looks very similar in color, not shiny like some ive seen

I dont think its painted but worn...BBFs replica buckle looks very similar in color, not shiny like some ive seen

I have two originals that are as worn as can be and they still reflect a lot of light. You can see in the ESB image where there is no paint running down the left edge... it is a stark contrast to the rest of the buckle which is a deep gray color. Also, the ROTJ was painted for certain, as the gallery pictures from the exhibits clearly show.

ROTJ buckle from the MoM exhibit, painted buckle but with no paint near the edge of the straight side:

MoM_2001-08-07_219.JPG

Thanks for the info and pictures of the buckle, I had honestly never noticed that before even though I have seen all the MoM pictures.

About the vest, it isn't actually stretched as it's made from tackle twill and pretty tough, it's just pulled tight because I had it made for average size 38" chest (i.e. similar to slender Jeremy Bullock in the late 80's) but the mannequin I ended up with is a bit wider. One of these days I'll replace it and the vest with a more accurately patterned one. And the armor will probably get upgraded eventually as well but that's it :)

It is a genuine MQ1 keypad on the gauntlet and genuine circuit board in back of the helmet.

That is a really good looking suit, the flight suit fits you really well and ur the right body shape to be Bobba fett (there's nothing worse than seeing someone dressed as Bob who would be better off as a Gamorian Guard). well done. Is that a genuine key pad?

Some more minor upgrades.

Woodman balaclava (also a set of his braids coming soon...)
nufett14.jpg

Sidearm in the real Nemrod holster.
nufett16-1.jpg

Some pictures of parts I didn't show previously...
nufett17.jpg

nufett18.jpg

The stabilizer 'found part'.
nufett19.jpg

And I took a dremel to my MSH1 to accept the hollow rangefinder and microswitch. I've started the hunt for the rangefinder circuit board parts.
nufett20.jpg

Another upgrade, still very much a work in progress. Only a few of the components are spot on, but I've been assured by the various sellers that they will perform the same task,
cuircuit.jpg

Also busy installing my Terminal Fettler range finder to the hollow stalk as accurately as possible. Quite proud of how it's looking. More to follow...

More upgrades!

Resin castings of some fairly accurate looking computer/calculator/adding machine/'insert your suggestion here' keys!
fett11.jpg

Real reamer files in the jetpack and gauntlet.
fett13.jpg

fett16.jpg

Real SX-70 lens and the most excellent hollow RF topper from Terminal Fettler. I also added the brass screws which I filed down like they are on the original.
fett15.jpg

Fantastic Wookie braids from Woodman.
fett17.jpg

fett18.jpg

More to come soon!...

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Is a dental file on the screen used ESB? Not saying your wrong, just never seen that put there before. I love finding new details to add into my kit and that would be a cool one if it's verified.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back