ESB upgrade 12 July: Mannequin rebuild complete and reassembled.

Wonderfull work with the helmet!!!!!!!!!!level 1!!!!!!!!!!!congratulations!!!!!!! I like it!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys. I think the 'expanders' are nickel plated brass which caused reactions with some patients and may be why they were discontinued.

Installed the knee darts from dark-side today. They are far too long though so I either need to cut them down or make large holes in the knee armor to push them through.

Also got a vintage microphone for the right shin tool pocket (thanks Volker).

nufett24.jpg

nufett25.jpg

I've been watching this thread for some time, and I have the deepest respect for the work you've done on this. It's truly amazing. But on the knee launchers I think you just need to mount them "deeper" into the knee, rather than the alu pieces being to long.

Awesome build bud, I'd have to agree on the knee darts though? the knees look like BM's so just have to drill deeper holes... (y)
Nice touch with the microphone! it's on my list of things to get... ;)

Thanks gents. The knees (and all the armor) is very old MLC stuff. Not very accurate but I just don't have the money to spend on proper armor and the paintjob again.

Fett is getting some new gear soon! My last upgrade was about the smallest on the suit, the next is one of the BIGGEST! I can't wait...

New upgrade arrived. FP3 armor.

nufett26.jpg

nufett27.jpg

nufett28.jpg

I love how much more form fitting it is than the old stuff
nufett30.jpg

I have noticed one small problem. Could the side plates on the FP3 knee armor be too narrow? I am confident that the darts from Dark-Side are accurately sized. I had already scaled the darts myself using the original Michell part and a direct side on shot from MoM, and my dimensions were within a fraction of a millimeter of his. Yet the long darts are clearly a few mm too wide for the plate.

nufett29.jpg

Well even if they are Jango's, all the dimensions are spot on to what was on the Fett costume at MoM; Diameters and lengths of each section.

Maybe he makes both?

When I say the plates are too narrow I'm only talking around 3/32. But it means I'll need to either cut part of my darts off or get them machined down a little to compensate. I can't cut out large holes in the knee armor for the darts like should be done, as it will tear into the side.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back