Big Game ESB paint up WIP

Thanks guys , i think its all sweet now ,
glad you back E i hope your place survied the floods (you can get a new dog any time )
in laws pranw OIUK thats ruf.
any way ive been realy bizie with life and my computer is down so no new work but ill be back on this lid soon

looks great so fat Jinto! Man, being accused of recasting sucks...glad it seems to be cleared up though. This is the exact reason i posted every single thing i did with mine. And i realized i forgot the little rectangle slot in the left cheek on mine ...whoops!..thats ok..the V2 will be corrected lol!

Ow i posted lots of build pix , but that wasnt the problem, turnd out it looked to much like the helmets i was modiling mine from (imagine that) any way its all behind me now and i will no longer post my works on this board,
but after a little brake from painting and making lids ill be back at it , i was putting to much of my time and efort in to them,
and other thing in my life are more important at present,

Im not going to let that bother me any more DSC04491.JPGDSC04490.JPGDSC04487.JPG,
I done i little bit more to this ,
got some more paint down and added a few more scratches

, the visor isnt held in place yet , so its placement isnt right

thanx mate, Im just winging it with the weathering , i personaly dont like using templates
so it could look a bit off

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great that fella..Been waiting to see hows it gone. Quick question the colour around the silver on the dent,scratches
is that a grey or blue colour?...Its looks good! plus do you sell your own cast helmets?

Thanx
the main colour around the scratches? Its a mix of to difrent dark grays with a dark green in it ,
so no blue ;)

As for you second question yes i do round the $100 Mark

Jinto this is looking great bud keep it up.... one thing that drew my eye though the random tar looking stuff looks brown to me maybe flash? And the kill stripes arent 1 color theres 3

;) but seriously there is 3 colours there i just think i faded them to much
and you mean the dabs? yeah with the flash they look to light im going to do a finish clear coat then dabem back over were they are and darker to make it look beter
What colour would you call the real ones?

Last edited by a moderator:
it looks like it more so but theres not actual over spray its actually 3 different colors like yellow, then yellow orange then orange yellow of sorts...good luck its not looking bad alot of people use decals for Fett sakes and thats just silly IMHO keep up the good work brother your doing great with it.

In my opinion, I actually think decals are fine if applied correctly, and with small sponges, they can be coloured and weathered to look very sharp. ive tried both methods in trials, and there isnt that much of a noticable differrence. but thats just me, and you guys are likely far more experienced..

jinto - looking awesome buddy. just a quick question - what green are you using in your airbrush for the dome, as i really like it. is it a mix or a standard colour? and how different in person is it to the colourbond rivergum we have discussed previously, or even the tamiya field grey? i just know colours in pics can sometimes be differrent to the real thing, but it looks really good, and from here pretty close to the rivergum. really fantastic work tho buddy, you should be well pleased, keep it up big fella :)

Cheers guys ,
I think F4R is refering to the vinyl kill stripes decalls, (seeing as they are one colour)
ILL get a pic of a helmet that has rivergum , next to that one next to one with the field gray , tomorow, now i need to sleep

I have always used reefer yellow for the base layer of the kill stripes and then applied a misting of Milw Road Orange over the top with a heavier application of it towards the back kill stripes but those are polly scale colors.

Cheers guys ,
I think F4R is refering to the vinyl kill stripes decalls, (seeing as they are one colour)
ILL get a pic of a helmet that has rivergum , next to that one next to one with the field gray , tomorow, now i need to sleep
Yeh vinal decals are not accurate at all why do all that paint work and not paint the stripes? Thats stupid IMHO

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back