Resin Helmets - how do they stand up?

Jodo Kast 2749

Active Hunter
Hiya fellas,
How many resin helmets are there out there? I was thinking about doing some amatuer casting with a DP 95 that I just bought but was wondering if resin was strong enough.

Aren't they prone to cracking?

The MH helmet is made out of Resin and it is very Durable. I dropped in on the floor once and nothing happened.

I think it all depends on what kind of resin. A lot of it is prone to shattering, but the MH is made of urethane resin and looks solid.

Does depend on the type of resin. I had a Manofwarstudios helmet and it was a good solid resin - I also dropped mine and it just bounced :eek:

I dropped my MH and it cracked right by the eye area at the visor, but that's probably because the visor had been cut out and the new one wasn't installed yet. It was a pretty easy fix and I think ended up just adding to the overall battle damage.

Baddblood wrote:

I think it all depends on what kind of resin. A lot of it is prone to shattering, but the MH is made of urethane resin and looks solid.

I believe its actually made from a urethane foam resin which mixes air into the plastic leaving it somewhat more fragile than a regular urethane. This would also explain the light weight of the helmet. A great bucket nevertheless, but still be cautious and don't get to over confident when doing the visor and so fourth...

does anyone sell a preformed, and cut visor for the mystery helmet?.......i need one for my new mystery helmet....would perfer a " drop in " , ready to go model.....the helmet will be done in esb colors so perfer a dark green lense.....any help here?....

( i have no skills at forming these visors, tried with a heat gun and ruined a 20 dollar welding shield)

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back