My new helmet! first pull

BGHunter

Active Hunter
DSC04203.JPGDSC04205.JPGDSC04198.JPG

Im working on a new mold , using my previous one iv done s few mods to get it looking what i think is closer to the real thing , and also made a few asdjustments for easyer mold relaese,
Im making this cast with the ears atached and a corect borden (all 3 holes difrent size i seamed to get luky witth this , when i cut my real bordens up the 3 hole was larger then the second i dont know if they all are like this but it was my understanding they wernt , but 4 out of 4 seams as if that is the way they come )in place,
Werew the micro switch cut out is ive filled it but made an indent i was going to but a micro in there and fill it to look like the pre pro but thort better of it:lol:
All so used cortec cheese head skrews to mount the inner ear cap ,
and ive started to pour sillicon on it,,
The pics are of it a a ruf stage b4 final clean up but i didnt take any b4 i pourd sil on it

DSC04194.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
DSC04206.JPG This is what cheese screw look like
A asume they are called that coz the head looks like a barrel of cheese

DSC04206.JPG

Ive pourd like 12 layers of sillicon over the lid im reraly trying to get thhe outer of the sillicon realy smooth as to avoid any lumps in the casting , and im realy taking my time to get this mold perfet so i dont have any problems .
so far so good but the proof is in the pudin, so ill see how it turns out

iv realy tryed to refine the prosses of mold making,
Ive coated the bukl in many thin layers of sillicon to get it as smooth as possible , and a nice smooth layer of FG over it to enshore a clean pull no lumps of vallys.

DSC04275.JPGDSC04276.JPGiv realy tryed to refine the prosses of mold making,
Ive coated the bukl in many thin layers of sillicon to get it as smooth as possible , and a nice smooth layer of FG over it to enshore a clean pull no lumps of vallys.

DSC04275.JPG

DSC04276.JPG

Well ive managed to get a helmet layed and pulled today (amongst a pull on my other mold and a few other peices)
Im really stoked with how this has come out the extra work on the mold realy pays of , the cast is flawless best ive ever done ,

DSC04298.JPG

DSC04300.JPG

DSC04301.JPG

DSC04303.JPG

DSC04302.JPG

Here are a few comparisons with a cast from my other mold with out the ears and borden.
i did change the buk a bit but throught the difrent molds the shape seams to change
IM really really happy with the look of it
Let me know what you guys think?

DSC04312.JPG

DSC04313.JPG

DSC04314.JPG

DSC04315.JPG

That helmet looks pretty sweet! Do you sell copies of these buckets?

Thanx Gamer Shore, if any one is interested PM me and well talk, Im going to make this the lid il be making for now as the other one is about to under go some serious dome reshaping. And with all the extra ears and cold cast borden and CCstalk with reinforced tubing and 3 peice Fange finder that i sell for around the $100 mark is costing me more than that to make(not that im doing this to make money! but it would be nice to brake even)but if some oe still wants to order the other one id also be happy to at a new rate

DSC04318.JPGJust thort id show a little (not all of em as ive given a few away between the yellow and red one there is 2 missing and another between the 2 grey ones there is another one not to mention my none fett mando's ) bit of my build history , the fist one, god bless it , i did long b4 i new about TDH, around 2003 and b4 i was awere any one else was in to Fett helmets let alone build them

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back