New Jango WIP

dynamic1

Active Hunter
Hey guys- With the help and guided assistance from the members of this wonderful site I have officially begun my trek to fett'dom : ). With all of the support here on tdh I figured it would be an intelligent decision to post a WIP in order to gain insite as well as recieve guideance throughout my journey.
Below is a list of what I have so far:

1. ASOk bucket w/ saint_nasty paint job (IP)
2. Cruzer cc upper extremity armor
3. Cruzer cc back and cod armor (IP)
4. Target "peewees playhouse" white and orange westar blaster mod : )

Any suggestions are welcome and wanted to also give "sandy" a quick shout-out for all of his help thus far! Wish me luck!

Jango UE armor pre-buff.jpgJango armor post-buff.jpgJango armor close.jpg

Westar 1.jpgWestar 2.jpgRear Westar.jpgBlaster Finish.jpg

If you are gonna use those Rubies, pop the bulbs off of the ends and re-glue them with something stronger. They will eventually fall off inside your holsters if you don't. Happened to both of mine until I re-glued them. Also, you can glue a washer to the tip and paint that rather than the tip of the actual blaster. It will make them appear slightly longer.

I'll post back in a minute with a pic of what I'm talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Guys- Thanks for the replys...Devilstar; great idea! Will do, and I love the weathering youve done. what technique did you use for the weathering?
Thnx
B

Ok great! Thanks Windu, and nice bucket btw: )! Devilstar..got the washers and will do the weathering tonight. Thanks so far guys and look forward to chattin w/ you over the course of the next several months.
B

Hey guys, finished some weathering. As soon as the acrylic dries on the tip of the blaster I will add the washer.
B

WestarWeathered1.jpg

Another thing you can do to really get the paint in the creases, is to just glob it in there, then wipe it out after a minute with a damp q-tip. It'll give the edges of the acrylic a faded look tapering out from the crease.

Also, what I did to mine, was tape it off and mist the grips lightly with flat black, then I did a light sanding with a 1000 grit and a green kitchen scratch pad. I did this several times to get my grips like that.

And last, I misted the entire thing with Krylon camo dark brown and clear coated it to seal it all in. The clear will grey your silver though, so be warned that it will not be as glossy as it was before. It does give it more depth though, and a nice smooth finish.

I was going for this look:

SWTE_2009_02_05_45.gif

Hey devilstar-Ya, I did do that a bit but figured it out late in the project so some of it isnt perfect but overall, I think it turned out ok for my 1st weathering extraviganza : ). Thanks for the insite as your suggestions really took it to the next level bud!

Hey guys- Any suggestions on weathering the armor? Im doin more research on that one as the armor was a bit more expensive : )
B

Yeah, sorry about that... It takes me like 10 minutes to post, because I always add stuff, and then have to correct about a hundred grammar errors. =P

Hey devilstar-Ya, I did do that a bit but figured it out late in the project so some of it isnt perfect but overall, I think it turned out ok for my 1st weathering extraviganza : ). Thanks for the insite as your suggestions really took it to the next level bud!

Acrylics wipe off with water until you seal them (unless they really have time to dry)... So you can always change it if you want. But once its sealed, its locked in there.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back