New Jango WIP

As too weathering...it is all to your personal preference. Do you want to do super movie accurate or Do you want to do realistic or Do you just want to do what looks right for you?....how about that for a non-committal answer ;)

Seriously, I would say pick which approach works for you. If you want screen accurate than study the **** out of the movies and the stills in the gallery. If you wan to go realistic figure on the "Arena Jango, AJ" will have more dust and grime, more browns but also, perhaps some rusting on the armor from being on kamino and not having time to properly clean it. If you go with what looks good to you personally, you can mix it up a bit until you like the results.
'
For mine I attempted a more screen accurate look but in recent weeks and due to some mistakes while painting the jet pack my weathering has gotten a bit "more" than screen accurate. I am tossing around the idea of adding some "dust" to the crevices of the gauntlets, jetpack, and knees and perhaps a bit of dusty weathering on the jump suit.

Not sure if that helped, hope it did. All in all the best solution is to pick a path as to your weathering and go with it. Regardless how you do it, it will be unique...which is what I love about weathering costumes. It really makes your costume your own.

Hey SS- Phenomial explination! That makes a ton of sense..and ive began to quite enjoy weathering thanks to your help man! I think its safe to say that even if it starts out "cannon", it ends up being your own LOL! Decisions decisions..... Thanks a ton!

When I do mine; I plan to go light on the weathering at first, then later if I decide that I want more, I can add it. It's easier to add it, than to remove it. ;)

Ok guys- Thanks again to cruzer I recieved my back and cod armor today : ). Here are some pics after hitting it w/ 0000 steel wool. Let me know what you think of the shine.

MyCodandThighArmor.jpg

MyBackArmor.jpg

SS- Thanks man!
Obro- Dido! Yours is coming along great man!
Smuwindu- Looking forward to yours! And, lets see those blasters : )

Looking good. You can hit them with some aluminium polish like the kind you would use on car wheels if you want more shine, but they look good to me. When you look at the real armor it is pretty uneven so I don't think you want a mirror like finish if that makes sense. What you have looks good.

Hey guys- Just an update. I recieved my DS CC knees via Aceano today! Man, these are a beautiful set. Aceano was a phenominal guy to deal with who really cares about getting the goods to the customer in a safe and timely manner. I reccommend anyone interested in a jango build to take a look at his stuff : ).
Thanks Aceano

Knees.jpg

Dynamic - Those are great! Congrats!! Hey, I just realized you're in Murietta. Other than Chucko in Temecula, BooBoo Fett in NoHo, and of course LadySewforUs in Anaheim, I haven't seen too many So. CA Jangos on here. I have family out in Highland, Canyon Lakes and Sun City. Maybe we'll cross paths at a troop some day. AWESOME!!

I'm working on a Jango I bought from a garrison member.....I'm in Orange County, CA

Yvette

(sorry for the thread hijack)

look up under amazon.com navy blue leather gloves and you will find them...i don't have the link handy right now but pm me and i will send you the link

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back