RafalFett's Boba Fett Helmet Template Project

RafalFett

Well-Known Hunter
Why I named the thread this way?

Because it involves many improvements to the Boba Fett helmet, which are:
1 - Some modifications to Alan's helmet templates at the ear base and at the back red rim.
2 - Creating of a new sets of helmet paint and scratches that fits perfectly on Alan's templates (the new paint and scratches scheme was not an intention to compete with Rich D.'s creation, which is a brilliant one... I wanted to made my own set of paint and scratches).
3 - With this new templates you can make your own Boba Fett helmet without using any type of paint.

---------------------------------------
Updated the improvements list!

4 - A new set of templates made from reference images from the TDH Gallery.
5 - The paint and scratches theme will be adjusted to this templates.
---------------------------------------

The modifications to Alan's templates has occured when I was doing the paint and scratches scheme using reference photos from the gallery, where I observed that the back red rim scratches and the ear base did'n fit the template areas. The red lines are the modifications I made to this template.

snap016m.jpg snap017.jpg

The paint and scratches were made directly on Jasc Paint Shop Pro, an easy to use photo editor. The method I used is this:

After selecting the image to use
snap009e.jpg

I open it in the photo editor
snap010.jpg

I also open the needed template, then I resize the image to fit the template's dimension
snap011t.jpg

Then using the right colour, I draw the paint and scratches outline
snap012.jpg

Then using the Magic Wand I select the desired range of colours from the outlined area
snap013.jpg

After the area is selected, I use the Flood Fill to fill the area with the specified colour...
snap014o.jpg

And here is the original and the new paint scheme
snap015y.jpg

So here are some samples of the templates that will be available next year.

redarea.jpg domearea.jpg cheekarea.jpg

The dome scratches are not the final ones and will be tweaked to match the dome red ring's scratches.

I hope I made you interested on this and I'm waiting to see any kind of comments.

I wish to all Fett fanatics a Merry Christmas!

Respect!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I thought it was appropriate to post here since I am a FettFanatic. :)

Nice work. Looking good. I am sure this will help a lot of people.

Nice work Rafal , couple of things oter that could be fixed on the origianal WOF tempaltes, if you are going to all this trouble, i cant load all the pics so if you have done this please disregard..
The ears need to be shorter and the right ear needs to be marinaly thiner, the key slots and suronding should be shorter and a bit thiner,
However good work , and keep it up!

Nice work Rafal , couple of things oter that could be fixed on the origianal WOF tempaltes, if you are going to all this trouble, i cant load all the pics so if you have done this please disregard..
The ears need to be shorter and the right ear needs to be marinaly thiner, the key slots and suronding should be shorter and a bit thiner,
However good work , and keep it up!

Thanks, Jinto.
I used images from the TDH gallery to compare the WOF's templates with the original helmet. But this is kinda tricky, because the roundness of the helmet make some parts distorted in the images. I've done some comparison of Alan's templates with Art's GMH images because the helmet is captured in 8 different shots and not to forget the top image of the helmet.

Here are some comparison images.
Helmet Right.jpg Helmet Left.jpg Helmet Top.jpg

In some parts the differences are too big... Or the image is distorting the helmet?

Respect!

Helmet Right.jpg

Helmet Left.jpg

Helmet Top.jpg

Havnt seen you in a little while and i see youve been busy
nie work!

Thanks, TreppFett.
I've done this in the last month... I mean the drawing of the paint and scratches scheme. If your kid will have some patience, maybe he will do that helmet without using any paint.

Respect!

Hello to all fettlers.

This project is taking a little longer then I suspected. The last days I was thinking on how to do a good compare of the original helmet with Alan's templates. I don't have a close match of the original helmet so this is a little bit frustrating. Then I watched the PrePro 3 helmet in the gallery and I saw that this helmet has photos from all angles and this thing gave me a bold idea. I put all the needed photos in the image editor and after a lot of resize and rotation of the images I got this:

strech2.jpg

The result was so exciting that I said 'I have to do this on the ESB helmet too!'

So, after I found the needed images, I started to work on them.
And here is the result:

esbstretch2.jpg

Then I made a comparison of the stretched helmet with Alan's template. It seems that this template is shorter in the back area.

esbwofcompare.jpg

I also made some comparisons of my paint and scratches schemes with the stretched helmet. It seems to fit very well on the helmet.

esbdomecompare2.jpg esbdomecompare.jpg esbscratchcompare.jpg

And here are more comparisons of Alan's combined templates.

esbsidecompare.jpg esbfrontcompare.jpg

I'm far of judging Alan's great work, I'm just trying to get the best from this templates. With a little tweaking the result will be more closer to the original helmet.

Any comments on this?

Respect!

esbsidecompare.jpg

esbfrontcompare.jpg

esbdomecompare2.jpg

esbdomecompare.jpg

esbscratchcompare.jpg

esbstretch2.jpg

esbwofcompare.jpg

strech2.jpg

Wow dude you just keep on amazing me with this project keep up the awesome work it looks absolutely spot on!!!

Wow dude you just keep on amazing me with this project keep up the awesome work it looks absolutely spot on!!!

Thanks, deadland!

My goal is to do a helmet as close to the original one as I can. But I hope this will not be a one man project... I hope that others will come with their ideas. Any help is welcomed.

Respect!

Well this is going to help...but having the scale down and having it work with the curviture of the helmet may not workout as well as you want right away. Will definately take some trial and error to get peices right on the dome. But this is GREAT work. alot of pieces alan didnt have are here now. Good stuff once again

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back