Pre Vizsla Pre Vizsla paint up

Cruzer

Well-Known Hunter
I'm trying to finish this up for a fellow member in time for Christmas delivery. I thought I'd post some pics to share my progess. The bucket is a cold cast aluminum pull. I first masked and sprayed the blue areas, and after about only an hour was able to follow up with the dome, to then allow everything to dry over night. I sprayed the trident about 30 minutes ago.(y)

DSCN0384.JPGDSCN0382.JPGDSCN0386.JPGDSCN0387.JPGDSCN0389.JPGDSCN0390.JPG

I was studying the pictures to divine your secrets. I think I have them now. Evidently the secret to your awesome work is:

Palmolive
Play-Doh
and Coca Cola in 12 ounce cans.

In all seriousness the work looks great. I have never been able to cut out shapes that well on tape.

Good work so far. Is your weather out there still letting you paint? I can't do any painting till spring. I am going to have to get the dog out of my heated workshop so I can fill the air with wonderful paint fumes. :)

Indoor painting is the only way to go for me. Between humidity in the summer and cold in the winter, I'd have so little time out of the year to paint outside!

Always nice to see more Vizsla helmets out there!!

Thanks guys. This time of year I paint in the garage and use a space heater.
Looks like this one is going to stay "clean" for now.
The blue is Harbor blue. I also had a can of Short Cuts Ocean Blue, but I wanted to go with something just a tad darker...and I'm very happy with the result.

Indoor painting is the only way to go for me. Between humidity in the summer and cold in the winter, I'd have so little time out of the year to paint outside!

Always nice to see more Vizsla helmets out there!!

hey i get the same problem its to darn cold but i keep my paint warm in the house and paint in the garage helps alot

I thought is was close to the ocean blue, but just a few degrees off. I never am sure on computer pics though because the tint and hues can be off.

I like the colors they look good together.

I was studying the pictures to divine your secrets. I think I have them now. Evidently the secret to your awesome work is:

Palmolive
Play-Doh
and Coca Cola in 12 ounce cans.

In all seriousness the work looks great. I have never been able to cut out shapes that well on tape.
Yep...the Palmolive to keep my house somewhat clean because I spend too much time on projects...the Play-Doh to start shaping my daughter's future prop making skills...the Coca Cola to go with the bottle of Crown Royal (just out of the pic) to help keep me sane! :D

Well, the helmet's no longer in my hands and will hopefully find its new home by Christmas. I wish I would have taken a pic of the inside before shipping it, but as usual the inside received a generous coat of Rustoleum dark grey primer which compliments the silver hardware from the visor and ears.
One day I'd like to be able to put a whole costume together and join the ranks next to Stormtrooperguy

Thanks everyone!:cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back