Greets and such

thrax

Active Hunter
Greetings fellow enthusiasts! My name is Dan and I live in the south a few hours from Atlanta. I have been lurking here for a bit researching the techniques to build a movie quality suit. I want to express how utterly impressed I am with both the talent and helpfulness of the members of these boards not to mention the amount of patience and professionalism displayed here (mostly to newbies like me). it's inspiring.

My short term goal is to begin by building a ROTS movie clonetrooper and yes, I have a membership at CT.net to get the ball rolling. Also, I will be working with my local 501st garrison for more help. I think there may be about 10 of us with the same goal so we plan to work together.

As for Fett (the reason I'm here), I ultimately want to end up with a complete AOTC Jango by next spring/summer and possibly a custom that i have in mind. Not to mention that I want to dress up my 10 year old as a young AOTC boba by then too; he's excited.

I'm a veteran of costuming due to years of ren fairs and I'm REALLY surprised at how long it took me to start SW costuming. I've been around the 501st for a long while and only recently became active with my local garrison because my co-worker's husband is a TK.

Here's a pic of my ren costume that I am crossing over into a Sith Variant. My coworker is a seamstress and is working on some tabards for the costume: I plan to make a facemask too.

thrax4.jpg

So, why am I here? I really would love to acquire the best of the best over time to accomplish my Jango goal and learn the techniques of the Masters.

Cheers,

Thrax

Welcome and you need to learn some Jango names:

Cruzer
Seeker
Asok
Cruzer
Saint Nasty
Cruzer

I may have left someone out, if so someone will add them.

I forgot to mention that I have a friend who does hammered and polished steel for SCA and is interested in building the hard armor plates on the Jango. I'll keep you posted on our progress (most likely a WIP post).

G'day Mate! Happy summer to ya. I worked with several officers of the Australian Army while in Baghdad. I love Aussies, you guys are alotta fun.

I totally forgot to mention that I'm 5' 7 and about 160 and very fit. I barely make a clone but perfect for Jango.

Update, I took everyone's advice and went with Asok for my chrome dome. More to come in a diff thread I'm sure.

BTW, any ren vets here?

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW I should mention that I am in the market big time for Jango KC boots size 10 and a pair of MR Jango Pistols - I know...Im' crazy for asking.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back