Helmet Variants?

ronin0313

New Hunter
I have seen several buckets with and without the small i guess you can say protrusion on the left side of the helmet down by if your looking straight at it. Now which one is acceptable for accuracy and where and what is used for the protrusion? thanks

Are you talking about the circle with the little holes in it on the cheek?
I think you're getting confused (it happens to me all the time) because some helmet kits are for Boba which have the little detail we're talking about, and other kits are for Jango and doesn't have it.

That's the borden connector. Boba Fett has that on his helmet, so that's definitely required for accuracy.

When in doubt just look at a picture of an original. Is it there? If so, it should be on yours :)

Not to derail but I've been curious about this too. I've been browsing these boards for some time to answer the most likely age old question...izzat the only difference between the jango and boba helms? I don't want you guys to repeat yourselves if this topic has been covered. A link would be helpful if its handy.

Thx

Ah ok i was wondering what that was, so in my journey to construct a boba bucket what would be the best prop to simulate the connector?

You can purchase it from a dental supply company. I found one online, back when I was converting a BKBT Jango helmet to a Boba. It's called a 'Borden Connector'.

Not to derail but I've been curious about this too. I've been browsing these boards for some time to answer the most likely age old question...izzat the only difference between the jango and boba helms? I don't want you guys to repeat yourselves if this topic has been covered. A link would be helpful if its handy.

Thx
There is actulaly so many difrentces between the 2 lids , that to list the similarityies would be shorter ,
A few difrentces ; jango is some what more symetrical were boba is totaly asymetrical,
the lines and surfaces are all difrent and on difrent angles,
the ear peices tho look similar are completly difrent and the top right ear set up is in a difrent position boba's siting higher
the dome on Jangos is smaller , and the prow lins is thinner , Plus the dent on bobas's and no dent on jango's(How ever the jango post kamino or arena style does have a dent that he got from head butting Obi Wan
i could keeep going but thats the most obvious of difrence's

as with everything, there is nothing from jango that is exactly like boba. all of the parts are different. it just depends on how picky you are. for some, a helmet with a T shaped visor is close enough. for others, 1mm is a world of difference.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back