IronPatriot - Real Steel Iron Man Suit build

IronPatriot

New Hunter
This thread is about the building of a Real Ironman Suit, made of steel. Obviously Tony Stark used Titanium, but who has THAT, seriously? Let-alone the funding to make a Titanium suit....

My estimated build cost will be around $100 just for the chassis and armor plating.

Here's my work so far:

Paper Template:
0002zl.jpg

Made into Steel:
0003jc.jpg

0006ml.jpg

0007x0.jpg

0008tw.jpg

Shown with cardboard Template Armor:
0009uaw.jpg

0011u0.jpg

0015u.jpg

Here's my Custom-Made Boot Template:
0034te.jpg

0036cl.jpg

Here's the Boot and Calf Templates:
0047lx.jpg

Looks pretty awesome so far. Just don't fight crime when it's raining ;-) Will you have to replicate each piece of paper in steel? I wish you luck!

that looks pretty nifty and all, but i suspect this thread will be either closed and deleted at worst, or moved to the rpf at best. this is a star wars costuming forum, and you posted an iron man build in the boba fett costume section. at least you could have put this in off-topic discussion.

yeah I'm kinda seeing the same thing happen. Although you can only blame the guy himself for putting it here where it clearly doesn't belong. It's like me bringing star wars to a hello kitty fanclub.

we care that you're making an awesome costume, we really do. we just want to make sure it's in the right place.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back