Help with turntable knee dart/book spikes

kurtyboy

Active Hunter
Can anyone advise me how to get the aluminium rod out of the part that's used as the short knee dart and boot spikes?

I've tried two and have been completely unable to get it out. I think I'll have to resort to cutting the rod off and carefully trying to drill out the hole in the end of the dart/spike.

How did you guys get these things out!? :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
"Really tight" is an understatement. Twisting only repeatedly broke the aluminium rod! LOL! I've tried two pairs of pliers, rubber gloves. I had to give up on one and hopefully I can file the rod down and drill it out. If I keep trying with the second one, that rod is going to break as well :(

have you tried putting the spike end in a vice and then tapping the rod out with a hammer and a nail? be sure to use lots of wd-40 too!

wouldn't you just hold the nail in the tip where the hole forms and then tap the shaft out the back end? i don't really know, i've never worked with them before, so i'm just brainstorming.

that's odd it happened with two of them. I guess I was lucky. Mine came out pretty easy. I did have a problem getting the rod out of the brush holder on the other end, but using pliers and very careful slow increase in torque on the rod loosened it and got it out.

I assume you removed the balance rod coming from the stand first (the part used on the right gauntlet as a dart). Otherwise it should twist right out. The rod is kinda soft so there might be some scoring on the end that is causing it to catch.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back