Storm trooper

JCent105

Jr Hunter
Hey all, I am beginning construction of my vacuform table and oven. I was curious of anyone had tips on the construction of the molds for the armor, I have templates, I'm just not entirely sure where to begin other than scaling them to fit my height and such, any help would be greatly appreciated!

JC

Well, like I said in a PM... I personally think scratch building a stormtrooper is a fantastic waste of time and money. You can get a suit with lineage to an original for $400. You'll spend thousands making one from scratch, and it will ultimately be less accurate.

I scratch built my clone suit because at the time no-one else was making one. Had a kit been available I'd have gotten that, no question. My Captain Rex costume, top to bottom, cost me a few thousand to build and took over a year. Even more if you count the vac table I built.

Stormies are "easy" in that they are well documented, readily available, and there are kits for a variety of sizes and budgets.

Head over to First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment and register on that board. There are more threads about stormies than you can read in a day :)

Thank you for the input I will probably do that, I already have an ANH bucket kit on its way so I will try to find an un painted armor kit, any ideas on where to look?

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back