Paint job so far...

DarmanRC1136

Active Hunter
I have recently finished painting up some armour I got from Daz. Quite happy seen as this is my first go, but will be adding in some misting to try and give it that worn in look. Can anyone give me some advice on making it a bit more shiny? Very matt at the moment, do you guys over your armour in a clear gloss once finished?

Untitled | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

The lid in the picture is a Rubies that I have repainted. Needs a second coat on top but otherwise reasonably happy with how it has turned out and was also thinking of putting something over to finish...

If you want a laugh, check out the other photos of me in the full Rubies before finding this wonderful forum :facepalm

Its not supossed to be glossy bud...FLAT is what you want we often use Dull coat to remove any sheen...no mando would want to be shiny. It looks good...I dont know what colors you used but the helmets green seems to be the same as the armor...which should be a lighter shade than the armor...it looks great though all in all.

Thanks Fett4Real. I have never noticed the different colour in Helmet and armour until you have mentioned it. That gives me a painting dilemma... Although I will need to replace the Rubies anyway, so maybe it will work out.

Off to buy me some dull coat!;)

heres what I mean...
AoSW_1999-01-17_Fett_002.JPG

Something I just noticed get you a peice of welding shield and put it behind the holes in the chest armor, to cover the circuit board

Thanks Jinto - ROTJ, no lense cap right? I have a dremel on order as I was going to also remove the existing visor to replace with a darker one I have purchased. Although I have simply slid the new darker one behind theoriginal Rubies *shudders*. Not noticeable from the outside...

I have recently broken a camera and was going to fit the view screen to cover the circuit board (As long as SONY isn't showing), I think it will do the job? What do you think?

So colours are okay but helmet is the wrong shape? I basically used BM's costume colours as a reference. I am in the market for a new Lid... any suggestions as to which would best suit ROTJ?

Or have I got the colours wrong and should I be doing something like this: My ROTJ Boba Fett helmet

Thanks again for your help. Only been doing this for a few months so really keen to learn. Cheers

To be honest his is OK, but the RF isnt right is has the veiwfinder there just clear the colors arent perfect, the green looks dark theres some red missing on the left ear theres extra red on the right ear....Im really picky just so you know. Look in the gallery and check out the pics there for reference its est to get tons of pics and use them for your benifit. I have a few gigs of pics I use. I just got done painting Booboo Fetts ... http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f23/fp-budget-repaint-f4r-booboo-fett-rotj-style-39532/

Thinking about repainting a few of my sections as I like what came out of the last paintjob better...

As for a helmet look at the new GMH from Fettpride

Holy cow, I think you have OCD or something!? :D But that helmet looks seriously cool so far. I will definitely be following it through once I have my new helmet! Thanks. Loving the damage with the dremel but like clonecollector mentions, It would definitely hurt. Sure the results are going to be amazing though!

Its done check the end no RF on it as Terry didnt send it with the helmet he should have the helmet back tomorrow...and not really OCD, but trying to achieve the closest look to screen accurate as possible

That is freakin sweet. You really have an eye for detail. I hope mine is half as decent when I am finished.
Been looking through some other reference photos and can really see the difference, thanks for putting me on the right path.

No problem brother...went to school for art so I guess I see things a little differently when looking at them...but really time for me to go back and repaint my rear panel :( now that I figured out how it was done originally

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back