Please Delete

Yorke

Active Hunter
Edit: Removed Original Post

I did not mean to make a post accusing FP of any wrong doing. I know he is one of the go-to guys around here for parts.
I understand things get busy, but I was a little frustrated.

I want to apologize to FettPride. It was never my intention to flame or attack you. I only wanted to present all the information to help find my transaction.
I know that waiting is part of the game, but I was told it would have been pulled in late August, so that is why I was concerned.

I don't mind waiting longer, I just wanted an update, and it seemed my information had been lost.
Again, I'm sorry, I don't know what else I can say.
Regretfully,
Adam

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll see if I can point him in your direction Yorke later today I'll try and get ahold of him for ya, I know hes been super busy and hasnt responded to a few people.

Adam,

I'm very sorry you felt it necessary to post up a pubic plea over this. I've been finding it difficult to respond to messages
in a timely fashion due to the work load. However, your order has a place in line like everyone else. There is nothing that
I can do about it. It's only fair.

At this point, I would rather refund your purchase as it seems you're at a point where you'd rather not continue to wait.
I will private message you in a moment with details.

Also, if you would remove our personal conversations, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Chris

I did not mean to make a post accusing FP of any wrong doing. I know he is one of the go-to guys around here for parts.
I understand things get busy, but I was a little frustrated.

I want to apologize to FettPride. It was never my intention to flame or attack you. I only wanted to present all the information to help find my transaction.
I know that waiting is part of the game, but I was told it would have been pulled in late August, so that is why I was concerned.

I don't mind waiting longer, I just wanted an update, and it seemed my information had been lost.
Again, I'm sorry, I don't know what else I can say.
Regretfully,
Adam

I too am an FNG, but have a different viewpoint and this is not an attack on anyone....
It does seem like yorke tried to deal with this through PM's and gave it 3 months from date of purchase... This was also after receiving word from FPthat items would be pulled right away before he left.....
I also realize that FP has been busy.... I myself am waiting for some replies to PM's, but I haven't actually bought anything yet... just inquiries and I can wait for that....
I don't think that it is unreasonable to lose some patience after 3 months of waiting for something that from the sound of it, should have been sent in 1 week...
As for FP stopping... While I don't think it is nesescary that he quit, it may be needed for him to take a break and catch up.... With how busy he sounds, it may just get worse until catches up... Sure this may make some people unhappy, but it is better than situations like this happening....
This actually goes for all vendors... I have seen plenty of posts here and other places where vendors can't meet the demand.... At some point they should take a step back and catch up....
Think of it this way.... how would you feel if you went to Best Buy, paid for a new TV that they said would be delivered by Friday and after 3 months, still hadn't received anything, noone answers the phone, and the doors are locked whenever you go there....
Even if a vendor is backed up, active communication with customers goes a LONG way... I have had to deal with customer issues in my company a lot and the easiest ones to deal with are the ones were people in my company kept in contact with trhe customer and kept them in the loop... The ones that didn't became much worse....

Hi Everyone,

This was a case of misunderstanding. That is all. Adam and I have discussed this matter,
and all is completely resolved. And I have apologized to Adam as well.

Many thanks to those that have expressed concern in one way or another.

Punisher1999, I would like to address your statement

I would appreciate you're cooling down a little. You're not entirely clear on
the miscommunication. Therefore, your post is in poor taste and speculation only.
Your statement is inflammatory, and it is unnecessary. Especially not knowing the
facts.

Part of the problem we see these days is the fact that people have become used to
the "Best Buy" / "Wal-Mart" consumer mentality. "Back Yard Props" is a very different
animal. It always has been. It always will be. The principals you've become accustomed
to in the consumer industry, don't really apply. This doesn't mean it's bad business. It
means that we're not conglomerates that can cater to every whim. We do the best we
can do for the communities we serve. And we do it in between real lives. As a service.
Communication is no different. I've been blasted for poor communication before, and I
certainly will again. I don't have a secretary on salary (y) In back yard props,
the best that you can hope for is a solid reputation (which I have), and a good product.
You can certainly have it "Your Way" like "Burger King", but there is usually nothing fast
about it. Again, this is the way it always has been, and always will be. If you've been
around these forums long enough, and sampled the vendors that cater here, you will find
that generally speaking, there are wait times far longer that make my own pale in comparison.

Unfortunately, there can be miscommunications and misunderstandings along the way.
From time to time a newer member doesn't understand or realize that there is rarely
immediate satisfaction in communications, or delivery. Especially if they do not know
who they're doing business with. And Adam, didn't know me and did the only thing that
made sense, and I don't' blame him a bit. As I said, it's been discussed and sorted.

But I take offense to your posting, because how I conduct my business, is none of yours.

Mods, please delete at your earliest convenience. Thanks :cheers

Regards,

Chris

i think what FP is doing is great .he is not a retail store.hand made take longer and some time things happen 2 make it even longer . he is 1 person doing hard work 4 us 2 injoy.

Think of it this way.... how would you feel if you went to Best Buy, paid for a new TV that they said would be delivered by Friday and after 3 months, still hadn't received anything, noone answers the phone, and the doors are locked whenever you go there....

I know this is an older post, but I felt I needed to reply.

WE ARE NOT BEST BUY!!!

There, got that out of my system.

I'm not at the same level as FP, but I do make a bunch of things for a bunch of people. That logic you used right there is the single most irritating thing I see day to day. It has almost driven me out of making stuff for people I don't know entirely.

You cannot compare an individually commissioned item to a big box retail store. The following is not to a specific you, but general "yous" everywhere. I understand that as a buyer you want your stuff. But, at the same time, you need to realize that you are not the seller's top priority.

I paid FP for one of his GMH helmets. I know I'll get one from him at some point. That's good enough for me. I don't need personalized updates from him, nor will I bug him about it.

I've dealt with the same thing myself, and made the same offer as FP did initially. If you order something from me and are not happy with my communication or service, I will happily refund your payment in full. I will NOT go out of my way to answer tons of PMs, update any more than I already am, will not ship a new item, etc...

I think the growing expectation of retail like service in this hobby is something that needs to be squashed ;)

Communication is necessary, I won't argue that. Sellers do owe it to their buyers to let them know they are still alive. But at the same time, buyers need to remember that there is more to the seller's life than making helmets. If buyers pressure the sellers too much, they'll just stop. And then there will be less choices for people out there.

I've said this a billion times and I'm sorry for those that have seen it before. As I was building my Fett, my average wait time on orders was from 2-6 months, often with no communication. And back then, this wasn't really cause for alarm. It seems that over the past couple of years, people are expecting a lot more out of those that make the stuff. This is not a retail transaction, this is a commission for a unique piece of art.

Thanks so much for the support guys :cheers

Brian, I can't tell you how much I appreciate that. I really just, can't :) (y)

Chris

FP, I thought you just a low down durty shame :) I've learned over time that it takes time to do great things... in the 2 months I've been on this board I've seen nothing but good from you, and quite a few others... Now that that's all said... Let's get to crackin on them beautiful helmets :)

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back