Something about 99centtaco...

woodman

Active Hunter
I really hate to bring this out in the open but I feel it's been far too long now. About 3 1/2 months ago taco was out of a job and I asked him about doing some pouches for my TD. It was a win-win for both of us i get my pouches and he made money for the bills well it hasnt worked out like that. I paid him over $500 to develope the pouches and introduced him at the MEPD and opened all the doors for him to get orders and acted as his face there since he didnt want to register there. Anyway he still owes me pouches from 3 1/2 months ago when I paid him and he owes stuff to people at MEPD. He hasnt answered emails from me for 2 months and the last one he did I asked for a refund and to forget the pouches and since then I have gotten no response. I doubt I will get anything from him now.

I feel bad for outing him but I have sent him a million emails and he has been on here many times and never returned a single PM so he has had more than enough chances to fix this. And when he reads this I hope he understands I am not the bad guy. I am certain that all my words are in order and correct...and written without malice.

John I never even considered opening a PP dispute with you when you told me 2 months ago that my stuff was almost done and it would go out next week.
I took for granted that being a well respected member here you would wrap up our deal
and I stubbornly waited...and waited...and waited. Now I am left with nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dissapointing to hear this Woodman, let's hope he will honor the agreement made or refund your hard earned money, peeps are doing it tough all over and this is not in the spirit of TDH or it's community, i have dropped over $2000 G's in the last 3 months, with i feel very reputable, reliable, honest and hardworking craftsman, the people i have felt after reading there posts on items they sell and buyers comments have always made me feel safe when purchasing. I really hope this works out in the best way possible for you, you deserve that.

Taco has done so much for TDH in the past, I debated posting at all. I am sure that yanking his chain in the open forum will end any chance of getting my stuff. I do know that I am a respected vendor here and my word is good so when I say he owes me, he does. I stated it as flatly as I could without ranting If he doesnt make good or refund the money the mark goes on him. I am only stating the facts here.

I am hoping to get a response from him now so everyone please play nice here I didnt post this to slam him, not that anyone has so far.
I would welcome an email saying "hey man I spent the cash and cant do the stuff or whatever" just respond

Taco has changed his email so I wont be getting my stuff or my money...This is a done deal.
I would warn everyone not to do any business with him from now on.
I am done with this.

This is just crazy.
Although I have never ordered any of his products, I have seen and heard nothing but STELLAR things about him.

um, if he is stealing from you, brother, you shouldnt be done with it...is he posting on the RPF? any other boards? i cant imagine big J doing this...something must really be going on...??

i know clonecollector has been barking at him for not updating on the Boba belts "final" run...may talk with him, see if he has any other form of contact...

Woodman, you and I conducted business in the past, so I'm sorry to hear of your issues with Taco. But the news comes as NO surprise to me. I raised a stink on his "last run" ammo belt thread and I got ganged up on and lambasted by the community for doing so. After all, I was just some "newbie" and couldn't possibly know what I was talking about. I still keep an eye on that thread and it's pathetic that people still haven't received the belts they paid for back in August. Luckily, I got mine, and I stand by my rant in that thread!

For those who still want to swear by the Taco, enjoy the heartburn, and empty wallet! That's about all he's good for. If he does resurface, I'm sure he'll claim he was abducted by aliens after his dog stole the family car.

So sad to read this. I have done multiple transactions with him in the past. I know he has hit some hard times....must be real hard times, if he is not fulfilling his obligations. Hope he comes around in the end. Good luck woodman.

I have to chime in here... I sent John a MO for his final belt run. I have not been updated as to the status of the order. I never had a problem with him before. In fact when I last purchased from him about 2 years ago there was a small problem and he fixed it without issue.

I don't want to be a pain in the butt customer so I only PM'ed him twice. I've been getting impatient lately because I see on his profile that he's visited this site but has not updated his thread or PM'ed me. I hope he wouldn't just take the money and not come through... I didn't think a respected member of this community would do that. I'd honestly be happy if I just got my belt.

Sorry to hear this..... i know how you feel......

Internet makes things a lot easyer... but also makes them difficult when they go wrong...

It should exist an special law for things like this.... with fast response from the law....

Hope it gets solved somehow.

Regards

Alfredo

Well the worst part is that I am not a noob here but I am at the MEPD so the fact that I show up there and bring this guy on board with me to make awesome pouches,he gets his stuff shown around, they put him in the MEPD Training section with a link, he gets some orders(mind you all the time this is going on I am the one people are talking to and sending them his contact info and you would think that my pouches would have been finished first then shipped) So the fact that NOL( the MEPD board boss) has been nothing but nice to me and noone holds any malice toward me there is great. They could have easily held me responsible for his flakey behavior and treated me badly since I brought him around.

As far as contact info I have Tacos' phone # and his address so ditching his email doesnt make him invisible. I posted this to let everyone know how he was acting. He and I both are not noobs and I dont know how many belts he's made but I have done well over 500 transactions here without a single hitch so I feel more than justified calling him out, man to man.
I am not going to starve without the money either, it wasnt my last dollar. Maybe taco felt the money was more important than his self respect.

Soz this happened to you Woodman; unfortuantely it does happen, and I think will continue to happen as the economy tanks.

I said in the 2nd last, 3rd last run - I got given the run around - its been sent, oh no its not, sent again, oh it got lost, its gonna cost me money to send you a new one etc for months before it finally appeared. It didnt balance with all the stress of the precedding months.

I am sorry, but your reputation should only be as good as your last transaction. And Taco has been consistently been dishonest with more than just his last one.

He may have had a good reputation in the past. It certainly is NOT so now and I would warn anyone from thinking of sending cash his way.

Nate

unfortuantely it does happen, and I think will continue to happen as the economy tanks.

This doesn't make it right to take someone's money though.

... and I wouldn't have considered that some one like him would do that... but there is more going on here than just a few belts "sold" on TDH.

I'm not going to the poorhouse because I just lost $100 but it definitely makes me wary of dealing with even the most respected members of the propbuilding community.

I hope Taco is reading this and makes things right with the people he's done business with. (me included!) Either pay back the $ or ship the goods.

I'm real sorry to hear this. I got stiffed by him on a sling run - he kept telling me it was sent, and resent, and resent. Nothing. He even gave me a phony tracking number once.

But he seemed like a respected guy, and I was relatively new, so I believed the **** he was feeding me for quite a while.

Jeeez Taco! I know times are rough but you have always been a solid guy! Make contact at least!!! I expect this stuf from shady characters like FettDad but you???? Come on!!!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back