Building the gauntlets (ESB) [UPDATED]

tk1450

Active Hunter
Hey denters & Fettishists,

After scratchbuilding my jetpack, I've continued on to the next hurdle, the gauntlets.

Still using WoF's templates and many pics from reference and your wonderful projects, I'm building these babies with Forex and all means available :)

Here my first progress report making the Rocket and progress on the right gauntlet (CLICK image for 100% version):

g01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Building the gauntlets (ESB) [UPDATED May 4th]

Time for another update:

Working really hard to get these gauntlets finished. Buildup of both gauntlets is almost finished. Left to do is the flamethrower unit.

Thanks for looking, and curious for your comments as always :)

Here my second progress report wrapping progress on the right gauntlet and nearly finished the left gauntlet (CLICK image for 100% version):

g02.jpg

Those are coming out nice. I have to ask, what is Forex? I did a Google search and all I found is a trading company?

Bonded Hawk

I really like this. You've made something seemingly difficult look ridiculously easy. My guess is it would be somewhere in-between. Well done.
I shall have to look in my local hobby store for an Australian version of Forex/Sintra.... I think in Australia, it might be called 'Bonza' (TIC)

These really look great! And they are ESB!... can't wait to see you do the flame unit.

@Bill, it's also called "PVC Foam", search for it.

You're doing a really nice job tk1450!

Nice, clean, amazing work! It's good to have craftsman like you here. Keep up the excellent work!

Hi guys,

Thanks for the kind compliments! Your praise fuels my drive and motivation to go the extra mile :)

I really like this. You've made something seemingly difficult look ridiculously easy.
Thank you, Bill. I must admit having the right material to work with makes a big difference, but patience to measure and measure again really makes it more easy. I'm not rushing this project so I take my time and redo a part if I %$^# it up :)
Good luck finding the foamed PVC. It took me a while and finally found a co here that delivers large sheets to the marketing/media industry. Apparently they make signs etc from this material too.

These really look great! And they are ESB!... can't wait to see you do the flame unit.
Thanks! The flame unit is up next.

you've inspired me to try to scratch build that rocket... i'll call the girlfriend and tell her i won't be around for awhile.

How did you get your PVC to curve? And what kind of adhesive did you use?

FINALLY!

After several attempts to make the flamethrower unit, I finally built one that's close enough for me :)

Here my third progress report creating the flamethrower unit (CLICK image for 100% version):
Thanks for looking :)

g03.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back