Found a Glenross Expansion screw today

IMG_1196.JPGIMG_1193.JPGIMG_1190.JPGIMG_1189.JPGIMG_1188.JPGIMG_1186.JPGIMG_1184.JPG
just so happens this dental expander, came into its occupiers hands unkown as he cant remember where he picked it up from (ordered it ect), he graduated from technical school before i was born, when cases of beer costed $5 dollars (aus, good beer here now $35) and cartons of smokes around the same, this screw was phased out by other cheaper and more compact and greater variety of screws on the market, so it sat in his lab for many years on a back shelf, somewhere all on its lonesome. i work with this gentleman now as he shut down his lab and is thinking about retirement so thats why he took the government job, good super good pay ect. anyways a few months back he ran a refresher course for orthodontics and i was away at another course but he bought this in and showed everyone telling them that they were rare as rocking horse p00p, made when noah made the ark ect, so i missed this never saw it, as i was being instructed by the guy that got to paint rebecca romijn in latex in the first xmen movie (hubba hubba) with regards to making prosthestics which i found quite rewarding making my first ear for a child that was born with only one. so in my search for nates nubs i talked about this as well as the borden connectors and he said i had one glenross but i sold it with all his gear when he shut down, i was stunned, but he said ill ring the guy, and he was happy to give it to me as he being an ortho technician would never use it either, so off i trundled witha 6 pack of imported beer and a nice bottle of vino for a swap and the rest is history.

just thought id share and show some pics, thanks to jinto for confirming it for me with a resin copy

pic heavy soz

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back