TK-409 Vest *MORE PICS* UPDATE 1/24

Chris, I'm having fabric sent to your sister once its in. Its the fabric being discussed on this board already from BF. I also already emailed her asking her to do it and for confirmation so I could Paypal her the money. Thanks for setting this up, it looks great!

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot, the fabric from BF, are both sides the same or is one side better? I sent fabric to Chris's sister and forgot if the sides were the same.

Chris and Heidi ......excellent work, sent out my payment on 1/16....can't wait to get mine.
Later Jay

Well, thanks to TK-409 and his sister Heidi, I finally have a vest. I am VERY happy with it. It was made from the material ordered here on the first run. I have to say, other than being a tad too big (I am holding it tight in the back) I love it. It is very well made and the whole experiance was a pleasure. Communications were fast and I never made to feel that I was pestering her with my questions and concerns. I tip my helmet to Chris, his wife (her neck stock)and his sister, Heidi for offering their services to the board. :D

I threw some tape on my armor and had to see how it is going to look.

Thanks again! (y) (y) (y)

boba vest test 1sm.jpg

Oh Man, I hate when that happens. Maybe the pic isn't ready on Village Photos yet.

Wow, guys, I can't believe this thread slipped past my eyes, but I am here now.

First thing's first, the shoulders should be a bit higher than the one you are wearing in the first pic. As Lynn mentioned, the shoulder area really needs to go over the rotar cuff area, not over the edge of the shoulder like a T-shirt does. If so, the shoulder bell will sit too low to line up with the top of the chest armor.

Secondly, everyone who ordered vest fabric from me should have it by Monday or Tuesday, Wednesday at the absolute latest with the exception of Loranar_Fett (Canada) and Fett2210 (Germany). You two are at the mercy of your perspective customs services.

Thirdly, Heidi is charging a very fair price to do this work, especially since she has a clue of what we are wanting done. I have gone the "show pictures to a seamstress" route before and always end up going back a time or two to still not get it perfect. In fact, I am so impressed with what I have seen so far that I too will be sending Heidi the last 2-1/2 yards I have so I can get one made myself.

::Edit:: I forgot to answer the question of which side to use for your vests. The shiney side should face out for the vest and the dull side should face out for your neckpiece. There is a sheen to the shiney side that really shows up in flash photography, so you need to weather it a bit to overcome that. I used a generous misting of taupe spray paint and primer along with some Dull Cote which worked pretty well.

Thanks BobaFettish for the comments :D
Shoulder revision was made at the end of December, but I hadn't gotten photos up till now. See the new photos at the top of the thread.
- Chris

Is my pic working yet? I am wondering if the last few comments are about my pic of the one at the beginning of the thread???

Looks like The Dented Helmet is too much traffic for Village Photos. Maybe try the TDH pic hosting.

Jedi-Bob wrote:

Is my pic working yet? I am wondering if the last few comments are about my pic of the one at the beginning of the thread???

TIP: Remember to put on your jet pack harness first before measuring your chest as it will undoubtable add an inch or two to your overall dimensions.

Is my pic working yet? I see it on my screen.
I searched fore the TDH pic hosting but can't find it. Any one know the address?

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back