Starting the Weathering Process

deadland

Well-Known Hunter
So I figured while I wait for my FP bucket to show up I would start the process of weathering up all of my soft parts. I figured the best place to start would be the spats since if I did not like the weathering job I could turn them inside out. To do the weathering I used black and charcoal acrylic paints and a sponge that was only slightly moist. I then dipped the sponge in the paint dabbed away the extra paint and then went along the edges and then the rest of the spat. I plan on doing this to the side pouches as well and possibly using the same technique on the flight suite as well along with some airbrushing. Any how what do you think to much weathering not enough comments and critiques welcome.

DSCN3345.JPGDSCN3346.JPGDSCN3347.JPGDSCN3348.JPG

Well while waiting for a commission and my FP lid to arrive i thought i would get some more work done on weathering my suite.Over the past two days i have been going at it with some cheap acrylic paints and my air brush layer by layer with a day in between to let paint dry. Well below is the result let me know what you think to much not enough places where I may need to add more let me know.

DSCN3589.JPGDSCN3591.JPGDSCN3588.JPGDSCN3590.JPGDSCN3587.JPGDSCN3585.JPG

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back