Question about the Install of the Jango Visor

IzzyMel

Jr Hunter
I've seen Cruzers install of a t-visor but, I don't have the skill to Drill into my helmet and mount screws and patch. What are people using to secure the visor to their bucket? Any adivse would be much appreciated. Also any pics would be helpful too. Thanks in advance.

Izzy

double-sided automotive adhesive tape...if it can hold rear view mirrors and side mirrors on in a car wreck it can hold a visor on...thats what I did with mine.

Personal preference, but I've been used to using hot glue. When I install it, I'll "tack" it in with just small globs in various spots around the lid, that way, I can check it to make sure it's positioned properly and won't have to bust my butt removing should I need to adjust it. After I get it where it needs to be, I'll make larger globs where part is on the actual helmet and it merges onto the lip of the visor itself to "hold" onto it.
Thats just how I do it though.

Thanks everyone for you input. I used hot glue to hold the visor inplace until I can find some of the Chicago type screws. I'll be heading off to lowes or the Depot until then. Heres a look at my bucket so far.
jangofront.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us I still need to do some weathering on it. Thanks again

Last edited by a moderator:
don't go to lowes or home depot; you need to go to ace hardware. they have those old guys that have been working there since they got back from WWII and they know everything about everything in that store.

don't go to lowes or home depot; you need to go to ace hardware. they have those old guys that have been working there since they got back from WWII and they know everything about everything in that store.

I went to one last night to pick up Chicago screws and small neoprene washers for my bucket. Your right about the staff.

don't go to lowes or home depot;

Sounds like our bunnings in Australia, I swear the staff watch you and as soon as you go to ask someone something they scatter, hide in the shadows, or if u do get someone they don't know what your talking about

Last edited by a moderator:
those aren't ace hardware guys. ace guys are the awesome! it's hard to have someone not ask if you need help finding anything.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back