The nostalgia thread

Boba Swede

Active Hunter
Do any of you remember how it was at TDH 5 or so years ago?

When...:

...the standard helmet people used was the Don Post and modified it with boiling water, hair dryer and wire to get the correct flare?

...when having a resin MSH helmet (recast or not) was almost considered a luxury and a MS helmet was at the top of the line?

...BM entered the scene and caused, at first a huge out cry for being a possible re-caster, but then celebrated as an artist?

...When WoF started making CAD drawings of the gauntlets, weapons and armour.. for FREE!?

...When mustard and toothpaste was still the preferred masking fluid? (including yours truly. )

... Before a large number of greedibles were still unknown until it turned out to come from a Turntable sweep arm?

...TK409 was THE place to get your neckseal from?

...MS was the first one to offer helmet interiors?

I know that there are a lot of you Ol' timers still lurking here every now and then and i'm sure that this will conjure up a lot of old memories. So please.. share them and let us reminisce for a while on a time long, long ago...

(Btw.. i only started remembering all this because i stumbled upon some old videos of my old Don post delux recast i had.. my very first helmet. aaah.. i can still remember the joy and excitement of unpacking it. And i still have an HS aluminum helmet that needs taking care of... )

When FP came out with the V1 of his armor then V2 and then finally V3 and each time they got better and more accurate.

When the FPH, MSH3 and BM lids were the best of the best

When MLC made jet packs

when there was a reference CD to buy

Heh, I still have my Don Post helmet on a shelf and I'm still using FP Movie Sized helmet from the first run he made after getting the mold from Natty. I'm also still using my MLC jetpack!

Remember how in awe we were when RS first introduced his ESB helmet color list?
Spidey resin blasters anyone?

- Remember when Art was THE DENT but most didn't really know it? ;)
- Remember when we used to have TDH dinners at Dragon Con
- Remember when Mark Bradley first started introducing armor parts and making it easier for people to build Boba Fett costumes?
- Remember some of the best Bobas years before all the uber accurate parts belonging to people like Boba Fettish and LynnTXP?
- Remember when research was still more than half the battle when building a Boba Fett costume because the info just wasn't there?

- Remember when this was all 'As you wish'?
- Remember when Art was Brak's Buddy?
- Remember We first saw the pictures of the Prepro 2 bucket from the current owner?
- Remember when you accessed the internet with a 56k or lower modem and giant reference pics could only come to you via Art's 'Reference CD'?
- Remember when getting a 'Seeker Face' was one of the highest compliments?

Last edited by a moderator:
- Remember when Art was THE DENT but most didn't really know it? ;)

no, i pretty much figured that out in the first 10 minutes of talking to him ;)

i still feel "new" here, but a lot of this stuff really is in my era.

i hadn't thought of the seeker face in a while. it's been missing too long!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back