My Helmet

BGHunter

Active Hunter
Ok I ve been busy making this uptok a whole lot of tiral and eror but i think im finalay there DSC03890.JPGDSC03888.JPGDSC03887.JPGDSC03889.JPG The whole thing has been made from resin copys of my last lid that i cut up glued epoxyd and so on the last one was a bit to big , so this one looking at many pics and a few in my owmn collection i mae the mesurements what should be alot closser to the real thing all the parts ive have constructed my self save the lens polaroid style lens cap that came from a hasbro voice changerand that has been greatly modified ., Im in the middleof makinga mold and cast a coulpe up

Last edited by a moderator:
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: that is awesome! You should let us know if you plan to make some of your casts available to the public *wink wink*

Thanx Elusive ,
Definently my plan, and at a low price,. but with the other well know makers out there i dont know if any one would be interested.
starting the molding prosses today ill be doing the ears in an aluminium cold cast the range finder in clear casting resin also i found some one selling the old pollaroid in perfect condition so im going to try to get him to lower the price so i can aford it seeing that i only wont it for the veiwing window its a hard desision to make but it would be good to have the real found. part as a master to make copys from.

Nice, clean helmet so far... I like how you've done those ears. Keep it up with this. I'm already waiting the next images.

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]This is a bit ruf but its the range finder block cast in a clear casting resin then i drilled three whols thru the center there a bit of but this is just the testeractualy going to fill the holes up and recast the original peice and make up a drilling guide to get the whole perfectly spaced

DSC03918.JPG

DSC03916.JPG

Attachments

• DSC03917.JPG
    DSC03917.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 224
just a progress pic on the moldingDSC03920.JPGDSC03921.JPGin these pics iam utilising a poor mould 2 part molding method .
Previously I had made molds of most of the parts , i ussed a method ive useed previously a drip molding method dripping sillicon solution in to a vestal with the item that is being molded sitting on the base of said vestil witha clean clay attached to the bak o f the item but the out come was less than desireable and the peices proudused from these molds wold need quite a bit of cleaning up to acheave disierd results.
So i am hopping that this method will yeld a much more favorable result

nice job there jint, looking sweet as, nice antique dutchess there too edwardian or victorian? cake looks nice but all that blue butter icing will give me a guts-ache

Yes i do belive that it is Edwardian( i realy should not use my antiques for drying my works but it was raining and some sacrifices are worth it ) , And the cake is my favorite its a fett layerd sponge coated in blue milk icing mm mmm

DSC03926.JPGDSC03927.JPGThis is the interior im working on at the moment in between many other prodjects i have going i basicly took one look so i could get the basic shape and desingn and then make my own interpritation not going back to the refrences sso it would not just be a larger reproduction of the Master Replicas mini , interior and then from memory worked on my own design still got alot to do on this and need to make the back peice larger but as i start is ok

DSC03932.JPGDSC03934.JPGDSC03931.JPGHere are the ears the ones on the right are cold cast and the ones on the left are just a black pollyurathain and the range finder witch is 3 seperate peices cast in black plastic and clear casting resin for the blok with 3 wholes drilled thru still layering the helmet with sillicon im going to start to make the jackets for the mold up today

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back