Cruzer Gaunts assembly?

Mullreel

Well-Known Hunter
I was the very luck recipeint of some of these exceptional gaunts. Now as I look at them I wonder......where is a tutorial for building them up. I could have sworn that I have seen one on the forum, but I searched for quite some time and couldn't come up with it. I did several combinations of words( Cruzer gaunts tutorials assembly) I got a ton of results but couldn't find the actual tutorial.

Can someone help me out with a link?

BTW these things are incredible, I was expecting some high quality, but these actually surpassed my expectations.

Yes this is the thread I have looked at before. Now why could I not find it with the search function? The world is plotting against me........

Thanks man I appreciate it.

it was probably because I left out the work "hinge" or something

OK so I am attaching the flame thrower and the whipcord to the shells......do you use the screws that are included in the kit or do you attach them with adhesive? I have been working on these in my spare time and I am just about ready to start putting them together. I have not found pictures of the interiors of assembled gaunts to reference. Which speaking of.....I plan on taking some pics and posting them in my WIP thread for future reference.

So,I have all of the holes drilled and I have cleaned and polished all of the cold cast, so now is the time to attach these items.

What say ye?

Use all of the included screws if you'd like everything to be removable, which is a good idea in case something ever breaks. Also, I recommend grinding off about 1/8" off the tips of the screws you use for the right gauntlet top hose attachment so you don't run the risk of them coming out the other side.

If you can wait until next weekend, I can post some progess pics of the gauntlets I'll be assembling. (y)

Well I work from now till Wednesday, so I can probably wait till the weekend.

Thanks for the input. And just in case I have not said it enough.......Your work on these gaunts is absolutely outstanding. The worst thing about how nice they are is I don't feel I have the skill and talent worthy of working on them. But alas I will try.......

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back