OK, heres the comparison we’ve all been waiting for!!

Well Paid Killer

Active Hunter
MODS, please do not merge this thread.

I did this for the forum so we could really see the definitive differences between the top 3 helmets around (the DLX don't count!!). ;) All 3 helmets are very nice and I think this showcases them in the proper way so we can pin point the vast changes from Nattys original bad boy to the MSH2. Plus a nice look at size and dimension of the DLX and Mystery booted up next to this MSH2. Considering I have had just about every helmet available I figured a fair comparison was well in order. You be the judge!! That being said… In my VERY humble opinion, I am completely sold on this MSH2. Nevertheless I still spent all this time snapping shots for everyone to make there own minds up.

OK kids, here we go... First up MSH2 meets DP DLX

DLX.jpg

MSH2 Vs The Mystery Helmet

Mystery.jpg

LAST BUT NOT LEAST! Old meets new...

msh.jpg

The MSH2 is obviously the one on the right in all pics!!

Great pic's WPK :)

I sit me or does the top of the eye slot on the MSH2 look wonky (wavey looking). Still looks great BTW, I want one ;)

The MH looks bloody good, WPK can you shoot me a PM re MH.

Great to be on the TDH finally BTW.

Alan.

It is wavy looking. The original was too. There was a comparison shot somewhere on this board way back when the MSH was first introduced here.

Thanks for the reply,

I never noticed this on the real Fett, I'll have to get my Fett facts together, and I look forward to seeing a MSH2 in the flesh :)

Alan.

My primary observations (without pointing out every variance) points to a reshaped dome, smaller dent, redone keyslot area, modified T-section of the visor, different earpieces, curved bottom edge, and an oh-so-nicely done increase in size. Awesome work, to say the least.

Love the way you set those helmets up against each other. Gotta love that MSH-2.
This just makes me wonder, what the hell was Boba Fett supposed to be when they made that supposed "original helmet" that the DP Dlx was based on? Was he a dwarf or something? Geez that thing is small, I mean in real life the difference is so much more dramatic.

Doesn't anyone have a standard 95 or 96 Don Post to compare this to? I'm dying to see the enormous size difference! :lol:

Wow, those are some super pics WPK!!! they really show off the differences between the buckets. Thanx alot for sharin those. All seem like great buckets, but I think the MSH2 is the way to go.

Jango's kid wrote:

Wow, those are some super pics WPK!!! they really show off the differences between the buckets. Thanx alot for sharin those. All seem like great buckets, but I think the MSH2 is the way to go.
If you're doing an ESB bucket, otherwise MH is perfect.

Fatherless One wrote:

Great pic's WPK :)
I sit me or does the top of the eye slot on the MSH2 look wonky (wavey looking). Still looks great BTW, I want one ;)
Alan.
It is supposed to be wavy... On ESB anyway, there is no wave on ROTJ.
11.jpg

Lynn

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad this comparison shoot seemed to have helped. It’s just too hard to compare painted and “visored” buckets
to a raw one. I wanted this to be as clear and fair as possible. Although, old FP may think otherwise
since he would have probably taken much nicer pics!! :lol:

I did want to address something that seems to be a pretty important point since I do actually have these
buckets to hold and really check out (not only to view in pic form). The size issue... The MSH2 is really
not all that much larger than the MSH. If you look close at the pics of the back of the 2 together you can
see it’s not all that much different (size wise anyway). The only real size difference occurs in (what I see
to be), the more accurate improvement of the dome shape and the sloping down of the front end. Other than
all the obvious modifications as Mr. Fettish so well pointed out, the size certainly is not all that much
different.

Well Paid Killer wrote:

Glad this comparison shoot seemed to have helped. It’s just too hard to compare painted and “visored” buckets
to a raw one. I wanted this to be as clear and fair as possible. Although, old FP may think otherwise
since he would have probably taken much nicer pics!! :lol:

NO, NO, NO .... GREAT PICS MAN !!!!!!

:lol: I know I missed this when it was fresh, but better late than never ...

I think you pulled off EXACTLY what we're all looking for .. fair and balanced , plain on plain. Couldn't have asked for more than that.

Thanks for the effort you must have put into this man !

FP

Well, now I'm really confused. They all look great. As a new costumer, I just want a good Boba Helmet and a good Jango helmet. Is it just personal preference and budget that determkine people's choices?

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back