Heatshocks plays with a Hasbro Fett Blaster mod - put your mods here!

Heatshock

Hunter
ok ok - I know lots of people arguing and discussing abt this
thought proabably best to give it ago
so far, I have only seen pics of it simply painted up
now according to the threads here and on the RPF - the blaster is abt 3 inches shorter in the stock, 1 inch in the pistol area and 1 inch in the barrel

by simply replacing the stock with a movie accurate on, I think the whole size scale is put off, so I set abt modding the stock that was there.

bearing in mind I wanted to keep the greeb at the end of the stock - again its scaled to the toy rather than movie accurate.

dissassembly
260920102755.jpg

planned cuts to preserve greebs and also to maximise contact between the new part and the original plastic
260920102758.jpg

good old carboard, then I fibreglassed it in to maintain rigidity and add weight
260920102760.jpg

bondo solves everything!
300920102789.jpg

removed cap to save as orange tip for use during troops
111020102831.jpg

filled holes and sealed vents on the barrel
241020102834.jpg

mine ends up abt 2.5 inches shorter than the dimensions shown on tk409's site ie abt 10% shorter
FettBlaster-1.jpg

my Hasbro Fett blaster measures abt 26.5 inches in length
241020102837.jpg

quick paint of black (yes yes no weathering yet)
2010-10-25203421_copy.jpg

now, movie accurate it aint, but come on, if the Hasbro/Kenner E-11 is acceptable for trooping with all its flaws, I think this one should be too. Although at the end of the day, its gonna be your personal choice.

241020102841.jpg

other things I thought about doing
- add some length to the barrel and re-arrange the t-tracks.
- streamline the top edge of the stock so it is less flare-y and narrowing like the pic of the movie blaster above

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice work!

I think for trooping this is an excellent idea. The kids like to hear the blaster sounds and they will not notice anything wrong with the scale of the blaster.

How'd you get the tip off? Is it just glued in? Did you just pry it out? I don't wanna do any more damage to mine.

I originally (2 years ago) just cut off the stock and replaced with a big piece of wood then bondo/repaint. A couple of weeks ago, I decided to fix where that was coming loose (ended up having to replace that whole "U" shaped part on the handle with 1/4" sintra). This time I used a lot of screws instead of just glue and Bondo. That'll keep it together. I bought some adhesive backed lead weights from a Hobby shop to add some weight to the front, since the wood was so heavy, it really throws the gun off balance.

I'd planned on taking it apart to repaint (I like that it lights up and makes the cheesy sound), but It doesn't come apart as easily as Clone Blasters or the E-11. I think it's just the orange tip and maybe part of the scope holding it together. I gave up and just started painting it while it was together and got the weights in there any way I could. A couple in the barrel, 5 under the barrel, a bunch in the scope and as much as I could fit in the battery case. The stock is still a little heavier, but it's not as awkward to carry. I gotta move the hooks I put in for the strap though. I had them set back a bit because of the balance problems. I'd also like to extend the barrel some day and possibly replace the handle with something more adult sized. Of course, once I've done all that, I've pretty much built it all. Might as well keep this as a reference and build one from scratch next to it.

The quickest, dirtiest paintjob I could come up with (I was running out of time and needed it for a troop) was all black, then a really uneven coat of Antique Brass. Masking with toothpaste, then another coat of black. Remove masking and then hit the damaged spots with aluminum and rust model paint from a tiny brush. Valspar matte clear coat made it look old and dusty.

nice. I just got one of these on amazon for less than 10 bucks. should arrive next week. Gonna be fun to work on while I'm moving slow on my helmet.

How'd you get the tip off? Is it just glued in? Did you just pry it out? I don't wanna do any more damage to mine.

I originally (2 years ago) just cut off the stock and replaced with a big piece of wood then bondo/repaint. A couple of weeks ago, I decided to fix where that was coming loose (ended up having to replace that whole "U" shaped part on the handle with 1/4" sintra). This time I used a lot of screws instead of just glue and Bondo. That'll keep it together. I bought some adhesive backed lead weights from a Hobby shop to add some weight to the front, since the wood was so heavy, it really throws the gun off balance.

I'd planned on taking it apart to repaint (I like that it lights up and makes the cheesy sound), but It doesn't come apart as easily as Clone Blasters or the E-11. I think it's just the orange tip and maybe part of the scope holding it together. I gave up and just started painting it while it was together and got the weights in there any way I could. A couple in the barrel, 5 under the barrel, a bunch in the scope and as much as I could fit in the battery case. The stock is still a little heavier, but it's not as awkward to carry. I gotta move the hooks I put in for the strap though. I had them set back a bit because of the balance problems. I'd also like to extend the barrel some day and possibly replace the handle with something more adult sized. Of course, once I've done all that, I've pretty much built it all. Might as well keep this as a reference and build one from scratch next to it.

The quickest, dirtiest paintjob I could come up with (I was running out of time and needed it for a troop) was all black, then a really uneven coat of Antique Brass. Masking with toothpaste, then another coat of black. Remove masking and then hit the damaged spots with aluminum and rust model paint from a tiny brush. Valspar matte clear coat made it look old and dusty.

do you have a pic of your blaster? I'd love to see it!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back