Darth Vader ROTS Supreme helmet

Perfect... Im taking notes : ). So so far my suit looks as follows:
- MR helmet
- Rubies armor which I will re-paint
- Rubies chest box, belt boxes
- fenix leather one piece w/ leather gloves
- Rubies cape w/ satin liner...NO Leather
- DV Boots from lucas LTD w/ 2" heel rise and 1" inside..6'3" at best : )
- Hasbro removable blade saber

What you think?.. Should I purchase the chain from CP instead of rubies chain??
Thanks
B

I bought the short version gloves. Especially with your height, the long version will go to your elbow.
Rubies belt boxes need to be repainted to a gloss.
Chest box needs to be rewied so the coin slot lights flash much slower. Somewhere on 501stsithlords.com

Hey, also I notice in your DV photo the black mole skin comes up to protect the helmet..cool. WHere did you get that mole skin or whatever it is? I wanna pic some up today while im on a roll

The fuzzy stuff on the inside of the neck armor? That's the soft half of black industrail sticky back velcro. Just stick it on.
The accurate chain is available on ebay, from australia, I think. Thats where I got mine. The rubies cahin isnt even close, and the plastic chain is not accurate for ROTS.

Ok great. Ill look into the chain. Chest and shin armor is being painted as we speak. Got it on the velcro...just to make sure, can u post a close up of the fuzzy velcro polking up on the armor? Its a massive piece it looks like? The stuff I checked at Joannes fabrics was too small. Again Jango, thanks for your assistance as well as patience w/ me its been a huge help!!!
B

Will get the belt boxes and chest box painted as well...as for the lighting issue, im afraid I am not "electrically" inclined, i'll have to sub that one out : )
B

My bad.. In the he solo DV pic of you, the lighting on the front neck portion looks like its a large piece of black material?...I think its the lighting cuz on the close up of the armor, I see the soft velcro LOL..sorry
B

IMG00155-20101024-1904.jpgHey guys, here is the MR and Rubies helmets side by side before the paint job. I'll post one after the rubies is glossed.
B
IMG00154-20101024-1901.jpg

Hey all- Here is the glossed rubies armor... the photos dont do it justice but its very shiny!!! Im afraid to adjust the clip just yet because it is plastic and not as heavy as the fiberglass so im going to wait to see if the weight of the cape will lay correctly.
B

IMG_3969.JPG

IMG_3972.JPG

Dynamic - It's looking great! Keep up the good work. Two more suggestions: 1. Go to your local ACE Hardware and pick up some flat, square linked chain (see Jango's pics above) to replace the Rubies. I believe it only comes in gold, but it can be primered and painted black; be sure to give it a few coats, drying in-between. I hung the chain and painted it, as opposed to lying flat. 2. Cut the material off of the shin armor and replace with two straps on each shin (upper and lower). You can get the straps and plastic closures at your local REI. Unless you have for 1" width black dog collars hanging around.

It looks awesome! In my opinion, the Rubies Vader is a much better polished turd than the Rubies Fett.

LBC IN DA HOUSE!!! Awesome Obro- Thanks man, ya its moving along. Is it about one inch that I move the clip up on the chest armor?? It should be higher allowing the cape to drape more off the side (showing more anterior armor and SH bells) correct? Do I even need to move the clips on the rubies armor? Looking at Jangos armor setup it appears to be really close? Im serious, when I put the new lenses in ill post another pic...except for the neck, its very hard to tell the difference between the helmets : ) Thanks and I look foward to hearing from you soon.. Oh, also what glue should I use for the padding inside the armor? I used black exercises mat (much nicer and already black foam).
B

Technically, ROTS vader has no visible attachment for the shins. I've heard some use a long strip of velcro and stick them to the boots.

Hey Jango- What do you think so far? Im working on the chest armor as of now. Took some prelim shots w/ the cape on and I lucked out as the clips seem to be in the correct position. I added some padding on the inside which gives it a bit more lift making it easier for the neck of the helmet to stay under. Only thing is the armor is a bit narrower than your fiberglass ones. Any suggestions on how to give it a little more beef laterally? I think if I ridgidly attached the bells like Obro suggested it may give it a bit more width. Id like the sides a bit more "square" as yours are. Help.
B

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back