does anyone make a larger gauntlet?

Mike M.

Well-Known Hunter
Community Staff
TDH PREMIUM MEMBER
i really need a larger gauntlet, i've had two pair of MOW's over the years. my first pair i used a velcro shim because there was no way i was fitting my arm and flightsuit in there. my second pair of MOW 08's is shredding apart because of the same reason. i really need to know if anyone makes a nice pair of gauntlets that will fit well over my popeye like forearms? i just measured, without the flightsuit on, my forearms are about 13.25" at the widest part and taper off to 8.25" just above the wrist. i know i'm not the only one with this problem either, i put forth a call to all the makers to build a set of rotj gauntlets for those fetts that have to get creative to be able to wear a pair of gauntlets.

Hmmm I got mine in late 09 and have a serious amount of padding ill measure for ya when i get home later...ask fettpride talked to him about gaunts at CV and he was saying he had a few size variant plugs....so maybe he might but he was also talking about going for absolute screen accurate ones which would be tiny in comparison to the MOW as theyre HUGENORMOUS....even with the padding they slide on my arms. I really want to get the FP here soon so if these r big enough maybe we can work out a deal to get me FP gaunts and you these

could you measure your forearms and see how they match up to mine? i'm just curious.

the other problem i'm having is just a design flaw with the 08's, and mow has said so even. the lower shells are hingeless vacuformed plastic. they have flex, but over time and with use they weaken and tear. i've got a temporary solution worked out, and i could probably get these to work for quite a while longer if i could get some new lowers for them.

yeh my forearms are tiny compared to yours i assure you...ill get the tape measure out though and measure later with a string a rough measuring job i just did my right forearm is 12 and 7

i bought some of mow this year, the bottoms are the same material as the tops now. they fit a little big on me but i use padding inside to help make them fit. my forearm measures 12.5 inches (2 inches below the elbow).

I'm with you saint_nasty. I'm 6' 190 lbs and that aint that big. But the MoW gauntlets won't close over my forearms with my flight suit on. If I flex my forearms they pop right off. It's a real problem. I don't know who else makes them bigger tho. My forearms are 13.5 and taper to 8.5, pretty average I think...

fett 4 real- the new gauntlets and the old from MoW are the same size as far as I can tell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you thought about making your own bottoms from the WOF templates? You could fudge with the measurements and make something closer to your size. They could be made to mate up with your tops.

Have you thought about making your own bottoms from the WOF templates? You could fudge with the measurements and make something closer to your size. They could be made to mate up with your tops.

That's not a bad idea. You know you also might be able to use some wider shims and adjust the placment of the flamethrower and emiter to cover the shims. I've considered that before, I just need to stop being lazy and try it.

Wickedbeard gauntlets seem pretty large. I had to squeeze the sides in and have a lot of overlap. Give Jeff a shout, let him know your measurements I am sure he can accommodate you.

I love mine. Those metal gauntlets really make you feel authentic. And so far, they are holding up great!

:cheers

hell yes on the wickedbeard, i absolutely LOVE mine. But I was thinking, for those guys who need s bigger gaunt, how about removing the hinge/magnet/velcro and permanently attaching some kind of elastic on both sides? That way you could just slide your arm in and it would simply close around your arm until tight. May be cheaper than buying new gaunts.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back