Jetpack Clone Trooper Scratchbuild!

Strife

Jr Hunter
I know many people have been interested (myself included) how well the pepakura files on the star wars wiki actually turn out or resemble a screen accurate suit. So I'm out on a mission to start my own build from the pepakura files I found.

Just some background on me:

I have built a rather decent Boba Fett costume from Sintra and I loved how it turned out but it seemed to be missing something in my opinion. The colors were too strict and the damage was all too well known. So I turned to a custom Mando in my second build. I tried using different materials for the helm and the dome turned out rather weak. But other than that, I used some .024 gauge aluminum to craft the armor from. (old unusable gutter coil). And that's about all the costume experience I have. I'm decent with sewing and rather handy when it comes to fabricating something myself.

I'm only 19, so I know I have room to learn. That's actually why I'm here. To get some tips and tricks when it comes to making your own armor. I'm expecting this build to last me until next halloween. (woot woot 2011!) I'm rather busy, so I will be working in the twilight hours most of the time and it might be only on the weekends. So don't expect this to be done and over in a weeks time.

NOW! Onto the actually work.

Today I set out and:
1. printed all the pepakura files
2. Shopped for under armor
3. Looked for shoes (ideas mainly)
4. Decided on the clone.

I chose:
ATrooper2.png

I am planning on building a jetpack clone and the rifle. And here is a shot of the back, since it is all I could find on the jetpack in regards to the color scheme.
ATrooper.jpg

I'm hoping to be able to build the whole suit from cardstock/cardboard and fiberglass the armor. I'm not sure if I need to glass the front too, opinions here would be great. And then covering most of it with bondo/rondo and adding some clear filler on top of that before primer, paint, and weathering.

Let me know what you guys think. Until the next update, I'm out-

-Adam

If you want, you could buy a clone armor kit for pretty cheap. It would turn out stronger and then you could Pep. the helmet/jetpack. Just my two cents.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back