What should I be paying for Gauntlets?

DarmanRC1136

Active Hunter
I am slowly building up a costume and have seen some good places to buy gauntlets from - some looking a little rough to some really great pieces of work.

I have been speaking to a guy who has some fully painted fibreglass gauntlets. I was just wondering what is a good deal?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated, thanks:cheers

Good question Fettdad... any one of those makers produce excellent quality props. I personally would stick with those three makers and research their prices/ features. Wickedbeard makes great metal guantlets and does a phenominal paintjob also. If you keep searching here you will also see what members offer painting services.

I don't think you could find a premium, raw guantlet kit under $200. Now add to that cost the cost of painting... It will be alot of $.

I can personally vouch for wickedbeards gaunts. Metal, the painjob is FANTASTIC! Only issue I'm having is I need a bit more padding on the wrist area. I can also vouch for the great workmanship of bobamaker, half my suit is his product, and I have never been disappointed. I have only ever had 1 issue with the bolts on his helmet, and he offered to fix them for free. Both have great habits at communication and updating. I know I personally hassled them with endless questions, but they always got back to me in a timely and professional manner. Wait time for both is a few months, but that's expected with the work load that I know they both have.

Thanks for the helpful advice. I'll take another look at these ones on offer but otherwise will be saving my pennies for some from Bobamaker. Waiting on some armour from him at the moment...

Thanks for the helpful advice. I'll take another look at these ones on offer but otherwise will be saving my pennies for some from Bobamaker. Waiting on some armour from him at the moment...

I see that you're in the UK... if you're going to do ROTJ then its a no brainer... you'd definitely save on shipping costs for his great guants.

I was wondering what to charge for my gauntlets. I made a set of gountlets using a combination of thin sheet steel, with a thick rubber backing. A pepakura device covered with aluminum (from soda cans). I added an LED light to the right hand gauntlet on the side it's not stock ,but then mine were just modeled after the Jango/Boba Fett gauntletts they are not supposed to be exact replicas. The left hand gauntlet has a sheet steel cage with a retractable steel blade. They are pretty sweet. I will need to post pics when I can. The basic braces are made of steel and with a rubber backing so they can really be adapted to whatever someone wanted to do with them in the future.
Indae007

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back