Fiberglass thrusters

SPY007

Active Hunter
I found a red "Flotools multipurpose funnel" in Walmart's auto section. I beleive the part number is 10701RB. It has the exact nozzel shape as the WOF thruster template. I brushed in resin and layered in fiberglass matt. I had to slice the funnel open to pull the part. I then taped the funnel up and did a second. Fiber glass will not stick to poly type plastics. Vasaline makes for a cheap mold release.

For the spheres, I took a 60mm craft ball with the vasaline as a release, put Bond into about 1/3 of the depth of one of the half spheres and let it harden. I then added resin and fiberglass matt to both halfs. The craft ball halfs ealsily chip off. You have to trim the two new fiberglass halfs carefully to get a sphere. Obviosly it all needs to be glassed together. In the Bondo layer in the one half sphere, I will drill/carve the needed details.

Thruster2.jpg

Thruster3.jpg

Thruster1.jpg

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back