RF servo problems

Nobby

Active Hunter
Help!

I've just installed the servo from Manuel to my RF, but I'm having problems.
The RF just falls forward under it's own weight!!

Does anyone have a solution for this?

thanks
:)

Hey Nobby bro, I will install the one I got tomorrow and see if I have the same issue and see if a solution can be found. Do you have any photos of how you did it?

Hi Rob,

I'll try and get some photo's taken tonight for you.

The only thing I can think of doing is putting felt or some other material that will cause friction, under the ear cap to rub against the RF pivot.
I just don't want to burn out the servo!

Rob,

I mounted a screw to the servo using aircraft grade 2-part resin (much stronger than the likes of Araldite)
I then mounted the servo inside the lid with hot glue, using 4 screws to ensure a fully adjustable and perfect alignment.
The RF stalk goes over the screw which I then drilled completely though and inserted a metal pin through the lot (see diagram)

I just need to cut down the excess screw and sort out this business of the RF falling under its own weight!

IMG_1973.jpg

IMG_1974.jpg

RFcopy.jpg

The problem is more likely, the control circuit. How are you controlling / powering the servo?

Most servo set ups require a constant signal to stay in the same position, so the servo needs power even whilst staying still.

Yeah, think you may be right there.
The servo is only under power during travel. I think this is probably due to thae way that the switching is set up.
I'll have to ask manuel if modifications can be made to supply constant power.

Nobby, not got this done yet, but I had a good play with it today. The shaft on the servo seems real stiff, I can't see it falling forward, I can't wind it with my fingers. Are you usind an Ali stalk out of interest.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back